Coupon Books - what's in them?

Mizsuzee

When we booked our upcoming November cruise on the Zuiderdam a few months back, our TA told us that we would be receiving a coupon book from Holland America "worth hundreds of dollars". Do we receive this "valuable" book when we board? Does anyone have an idea what may be in it? Thanks for any insight on the coupon question! :)

Does anyone have an idea what may be in it?

Pretty much chock-a-block full of worthless pieces of paper.

For every coupon you have to purchase something first to get a discount, or second one at reduced cost.

Thanks all for the input... guess I won't be holding my breath at the thought of "saving money" and actually using some of the coupons. Wonder if anybody really uses them? They should probably save a few trees and just quit printing them.

Thanks all for the input... guess I won't be holding my breath at the thought of "saving money" and actually using some of the coupons. Wonder if anybody really uses them? They should probably save a few trees and just quit printing them.

Sadly it's true that there is no such thing as a free lunch. :D

They put coupon books in all of our boxes on disembark day and so many were left behind it was sad. I don't know if they put them in too late, or people know they are worthless, or what. If the OP wants, I could post a list of what's in the one I got on Monday, but i doubt it's any different than prior posts of lists of what's in there.

They put coupon books in all of our boxes on disembark day and so many were left behind it was sad. I don't know if they put them in too late, or people know they are worthless, or what. If the OP wants, I could post a list of what's in the one I got on Monday, but i doubt it's any different than prior posts of lists of what's in there.
On disembark day? Maybe those were meant for the next passengers? :confused: We didn't get any, beginning or end.

You will think that from the replys about the coupon books that are posted that HAL will notice that little or any of the coupons are used by their guest and it's time to revamp them to be more appealing.

I know the first time that I got a coupon book,I was so excited that my travel agent was giving me a hook up. I didn't use nothing in the book and think I end up trashing it midway on the cruise.

It don't have to be major things to make the coupon books great. A few suggestions I would like to see:

A buy one and get one drink free in any of the bars at any time.

A free coffee drink

A free glass of house wine in the dining room or Pinnacle grill.

20% off any spa treatment.

Stuff like this would make me use the coupons.

Archived