fish fry

lprime60

What is the most popular place at the fish fry? Also what is the difference between cracked conch and conch fritters. someone told me conch tastes like lobster. Is that true? If not is there something you can compare the taste to.

What is the most popular place at the fish fry? Also what is the difference between cracked conch and conch fritters. someone told me conch tastes like lobster. Is that true? If not is there something you can compare the taste to.

Cracked Conch is the conch meat pounded with a mallet until it's thin and then coated and deep fried. Its' delicious.. closer to shrimp than lobster meat.. and very tender when done like this.

Conch Fritters are like hush puppies with diced conch in the batter .. served with a great dipping sauce.

My favorite spots at the fish fry are Goldies, Oh ANdros and Seafood Haven.

Thankyou so much scubagirl, i will definitly be trying those! BTW thanks also for all the info u give on these threads i have learned so much from u and feel like i know nassau well enough to have a great time, cant wait to visit

Conch is very similar in texture and taste to Calimari. Personaly, I prefer Conch Salad compared to Cracked or Fritters.

Bobby Flay from food network likes Big Dog's Conch Salad, we found Big Dog working at Goldies, and Yes, His Conch Salad was awesome.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/dfn-grilling-in-paradise/37053.html

You can take the bus, #10 Jitney, right to Fish Fry, very easy, and only $1.50.

The picture I took of the view from Goldies back porch . . .

916177168_GoldiesDeck.jpg.54db403d147045cabbcf77ffde5b2652.jpg

Speaking of eating, has anybody ever heard of or been to 3-S Bakery on Wulff Road and Pinedale? My husband and I met a woman from Nassau at our State Fair yesterday. We were at a cooking demonstration and she commented that her mother used to make coconut bread. She reccomended this bakery, and she also recommended Andros as having the "conchiest" conch fritters.

We stopped at the first "shack", walking from the cruise ship (I forget the name at the top) and had an AMAZING fresh fresh fresh conch salad prepared while we watched by Rasta.

Many locals came and asked for their conch salads prepared custom to their tastes: "Put some skin on mine," (that's very tough, you have to have a taste for it -- not for me!); "extra hot peppers," (scotch bonnet, watch out, really hot!!); "no onions for me," "no orange juice, only limes."

Best conch salad I ever had; I recommend it highly. We walked up the row of shacks to get a frozen drink and bring it back to enjoy with the salads (they have a minimal bar at this location). Outside bench seating -- not fancy, but great food.

At the North Carolina State Fair, my husband and I met a very nice lady from Nassau. She mentioned that her mother used to make "coconut bread." She reccomended a bakery caled 3 S Bakery on Wulff Road and Pinedale. Anybody ever heard of it or coconut bread?

She also reccomended Andros in the Fish Fry as having the "conchiest" conch fritters. I loved that description!

Archived