Voltage on the Spirit?

NextOne

Okay, I'm very confused. Will we need a converter for the Spirit? DH has a cpap machine and I really don't want it to burn up! We've got a two-prong adapter, but will that be enough? We usually bring a power strip and plug everything (cpap, hairdryer, battery charger) into that.

Any help and advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Like all NCL ships, and pretty much all mainstream cruiseships, there is at least one U.S. type outlet on the Spirit. You will see comments about power on the Spirit from time to time, but that refers to high power blow dryers. Seems there is a limit to how much power they can handle.

And, of course, I am sure you already know you should travel with an extension cord. Not only for the ship, but in case you get stuck someplace along the way with an outlet in the wrong place.

Use an American 110 volt power strip plugged into the American 110 volt outlet for the CPAP machine and just about everything else American except for a high wattage hair dryer...

Most American hair dryers consume over 1200 watts, the Spirit's American 110 volt outlet is limited to 500 watts... You will have no problems with the CPAP machine...:D:D:D

Archived