? for Sail7Seas on Pier 66 (or anyone else)

mechcc

Just made reservations at Hyatt Pier 66 for precruise but was told that they could not guarentee we would get a tower room that has a view of the cruise port. We were told to call directly to the hotel in the morning to see if we could get the room and view we want. Soooooo - question is do you know who we should ask to speak to to ensure we get a room overlooking the cruise port?

The view of the port is a deal breaker for us as we can get a room at one of Hyatt's competitor with reward points. Waking up to the view of "my ship coming in" is a fantasy dream. If we can't be guarenteed the right view, then forget staying at that hotel.

Thank you.

Will you actually be leaving from Pier 66? This year on my Alaskan HAL cruise we departed from Pier 91, as I believe did most of HAL's vessels, which is some distance from Pier 66.

Pier 66 is not located in the port. It just offers great views of the cruise ships at dock in Fort Lauderdale if you are in a tower room overlooking the water.

Pier 66 is not located in the port. It just offers great views of the cruise ships at dock in Fort Lauderdale if you are in a tower room overlooking the water.

My mistake - for some reason I thought the enquiry was about Seattle, not Fort Lauderdale.:o

in my experience, pier 66 is VERY accomodating - perhaps a nice email to the front office manager will get you guaranteed what you are looking for.

I work for another hotel brand, and it is an industry standard not to guarantee room type/view, unless it is sold as such.

that being said, i work for another hotel brand but WILL be staying at pier 66 in march pre cruise!

I think a nice e-mail would definitely help. Also, if you are a member of Hyatt's program, you may get preferences.

You might also keep in mind that the ships start arriving back in to Port Everglades around 4am, so it will be dark (and really early:eek:) when the ship comes in. You might not be able to recognize it just by it's lights.

We've stayed at Embassy Suites, and our room faced the port. We could see the ships from our balcony. We didn't get up early enough to see if we could see them come in.

When we are coming back in we get up before dawn to watch us and the others come in. It's very nice, quiet and peaceful.

Hyatt at Pier 66 is located on 17th Avenue SE with a great view of the Harbor. You can also catch the Water Taxi from Pier 66. Yes, from certain rooms in the tower you can see Pier 26 in Port Everglades. Pier 91 is a wonderful pier north of Seattle where HAL and PRINCESS dock.

Archived