Pincess Pacific Dinner Buffet

wrahn2002

Does the Princess dinner buffet contain the same items as I can get in the regular dining room? And is it open every night at the same time as the first seating?

I've enjoyed six cruises on Princess ships and enjoy the anytime dining. However, the Pacific doesn't have anytime. I also like the Horizon Court buffet at dinner because they have almost the same menu items as the regular dinning room.

I have read mixed comments about the Pacific buffet time and item selection, so any up to date information would be helpful.

Thanks,

Wes

The Panorama Buffet is open for dinner, but it does not have the same choices as the dining room.

If I remember correctly, on some days it is open at dinner time and on other days it is a Bistro that is open in that area at dinner time. It depends on if it is a port day or not.

Last fall Hawaii to Tahiti and around Tahiti, the Panoramic buffet was open each and every night. After about 9 PM it turned into a small bistro, but the buffet was open every evening for 21 nights. ;) From what I am reading from reports of different itinearys, it seems to depend on the location of the cruise whether it is open each evening or not though.

Were the food items more than just hot dogs and burgers?

Thanks,

Wes

Oh yes, it was a regular buffet type option. Keep in mind that on the smaller ships the Panorama buffet is much smaller (smaller ship, smaller buffet, less passengers ;)). The only options for hot dogs and burgers are at the grill by the pool.

But the evening buffet, which we visit often, as we had early seating and sometimes we just wanted to dine when we wanted to (yes, we also miss anytime dining on the smaller ships). But the buffet has always served up a nice variety of foods to choose from for dinner, not always the same foods as the dining room (but then we haven't found that even on the larger ships we have sailed in the past). They also have a carving station just as the larger ships offer. Lots of variety though. :)

Thanks for all the inputs. I feel better about our pending cruise from Athens to FLL. I'm on the wait list for first seating and that is a problem for me due to being diabetic. Normally in this situation, I would go to the Horizon Court and enjoy the buffet selection, but I has under the impression there was no dinner buffet on the Pacific. I also use the buffet on formal night so I don't have to haul my formal gear to Europe.

Yes, I contacted Princess Customer Services about my situation, but they indicated they couldn't help me. I was surprised.

Thanks again,

Wes

Thanks for all the inputs. I feel better about our pending cruise from Athens to FLL. I'm on the wait list for first seating and that is a problem for me due to being diabetic. Normally in this situation, I would go to the Horizon Court and enjoy the buffet selection, but I has under the impression there was no dinner buffet on the Pacific. I also use the buffet on formal night so I don't have to haul my formal gear to Europe.

Yes, I contacted Princess Customer Services about my situation, but they indicated they couldn't help me. I was surprised.

Thanks again,

Wes

Wes, check with the Maitre d' when you board, they can usually be quite accomodating. Good luck!

As you've heard, yes, there is a dinnertime buffet on the Pacific Princess. There is no "Horizon Court" on the Pacific (and a couple of other Princess ships); it is called the "Panorama Buffet", in case you weren't sure what that meant.

In case you haven't seen it before, here's a review from a couple of years ago by John Heald about the Pacific Princess: http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/06/25/pacific-princessa-day-onboard-a-5-star-country-inn/

Thanks again,

Wes

We are on the same cruise although getting on in Rome. When you get on board, go to the dining room and tell them you are diabetic and you need to eat early. We did that last trip on the Pacific and they put us on early seating. When we booked this trip we asked for early seating and we were confirmed. My husband and I are both diabetic so that was a blessing. Hope this helps and look forward to meeting you on board! Linda and Ed

We were on the Pacific in May/June for the Holy land cruise. We really enjoyed the Bistro which had a lighter menu than the MDR. The menu was the same for three nights and then changed for another 3 nights. Food was prepared to order and service was very good. We ate there 2 of our 12 nights and would have been there more often had we known about it sooner. I believe the buffet was not open except for Salad and dessert.

Archived