Arrested For Tylenol?

Cinders411

My Pharmacy gives me a print out when I pick up a perscription. It has the same info as the pill container and has a description of the pill. Since I get a 3 months supply of the 5 different medications I take it is not fesable to pack 5 large containers. I just bring my pill box when I travel. If you have narcotics you might want a container from the Pharmacy. Just ask the Pharmacist for a small sized container.

TSA does not look for pills. But liquid meds could be an issue.

I don't see a problem with carrying OTC (over the counter) meds as long as they are properly stored in their original container.

Instead of bringing the whole entire container of 100 Tylenol tabs.. find a smaller one. Target sells little tubes of ibuprofen with 7 pills. 7'11 might also sell small containers of OTC meds. To me this looks less suspicious than a full bottle of tylenol..

Different foreign countries have different laws concerning the importation of drugs with some forbidden. When entering a country including returning to the USA, you are subject to search of your luggage as well as of yourself. While most pass through without problems some do not. Why certain ones are targeted is up for discussion but it happens. Whether someone had problems bringing into the country (USA or foreign) carrying tylenol in the original bottle, I have no idea. It simply happens so be prepared.

Yes, I know. Dozens of you will insist that it doesn't matter, that you've carried carloads of pills mixed in ziplock bags, never been stopped anywhere, never been asked.

To which I say, "good for you!"

Just let it happen once: I've been stopped, my pills carefully scrutinized, my luggage searched from seam to seam, questioned again, all over a small container of mixed meds -- about 15 pills total -- that I had forgotten were in the bottom of my purse. I had already shown them all my prescription medications, in their original bottles, with prescriptions attached, and my letter from my doctor verifying that I needed the syringes -- which also had a prescription attached, but there was that small container of aspirin, a couple of tylenol, a few ibuprofen, a few antacids..

We were leaving the US on a flight to England. Which I missed. Next flight was the next day. We cancelled our flights and came home. We're US citizens with passports, and I had all the documentation for the prescriptions...didn't matter.

Were they wrong to question me? Maybe. But I'm not going to question them!

Now everything is in it's original container, even vitamins, with the labels firmly attached. If the bottle is too big, I head to the pharmacy and get the pharmacist to repackage the amount I'll need for the trip (plus a week's extra, just in case we're delayed somewhere), and label it accordingly.

I'm nearly always questioned, but so far haven't been unnecesssarily delayed.

But hey, go ahead, carry around whatever you want. Take a risk. I'm not willing to, anymore.

Something is very wrong about this situation. Who refused to allow you to fly? TSA has NO jurisdiction over pills. None. Did a law enforcement officer get involved? If so, were you charged with anything?

Who "... nearly always" questions you? About what?

... It is okay to take over the counter and prescription meds into port for your personal use.

Depends on the country; but in the original case Tylenol (Acetaminophen); I doubt any country bans it.

However, your blanket statement is false; certain prescription drugs such as medicinal marijuana are banned in other countries. If you want to know 100% for sure, contact the country you're visiting.

Archived