b2b - disembark in Anchorage?

flintg

We have a back to back leaving from Vancouver to Whittier and return.

Have same cabin for return cruise. Must luggage be taken off and then back through security or do they simply walk you through and issue a new card?:confused:

When we did this cruise all we had to do was take our first week card and check out like you were leaving the ship and then check in with the second week card. Luggage stayed put in room. We were given instructions the night before so it was really easy. Seemed very strange walking around the ship without a bunch of people.

eileen

You will not have to pack or take off any of your luggage.

You will get a new card at the end of the first cruise. Since you are doing the turnaround in the US, you will have to get off the ship and go thru immigration. When you reboard, you will get your pictrure taken to activate it.

We did a B2B on the Diamond this past June with the same cabin both legs. There were about 90 people doing B2B that cruise. We did not have to pack or do anything special. They gave us new cards that morning. We walked off the ship and just turned around and had new pictures taken. After that we walked around Whittier then rented a car for the day and drove around the Kenai Peninsula to Steward and had lunch. Some frineds doing the B2B went on a Kayak trip for the day. There is not much to do in Whittier as you can walk the while town in less than one hour.

We didn't have to go through immigration. When we got off the ship to walk around Whittier and then went back all we did was go up to the security with our cards and a paper that said we were "in transit". No other check points. I believe if I were flying in there would have been immigration at the airport but I never saw one at the port.

eileen

I've done these twice. You don't even have to leave the ship - just have your new cruise card activated on 'turn around day'. They usually set up a station down by the Purser's desk and will tell you a time to take the card and have another digital picture taken... done!

I've done these twice. You don't even have to leave the ship - just have your new cruise card activated on 'turn around day'. They usually set up a station down by the Purser's desk and will tell you a time to take the card and have another digital picture taken... done!

I have also done this 2x and this is exactly what we had to do.

Pretty easy!

P.S. A nice excursion the day you are in Whittier is to take the Alaska RR to Spencer Whistle Stop - get off and walk to the lake to see the glacier with a National Park Ranger. The train picks you up on its way back to Whittier from Grandview (I did this last time). You can also go rafting on the lake amongst the icebergs and down the river to meet the train on it's return to Whittier.

Since you are doing the turnaround in the US, you will have to get off the ship and go thru immigration.

Immigration is not involved.

When boarding in Vancouver you go through US immigration to get onto the ship. Every port of call, including Wittier, is still in the USA, so you will not have left the country since boarding as far as immigration is concerned.

Archived