OS or Aft wrap?

trvlqueen

I'm getting ready to push the button and book for our 20th anniversary trip. It looks like ALL the aft wraps are still open - if you could choose either an OS or an aft wrap, which would you prefer and why? It's just us this trip - no kiddos! :)

Neither of us gets seasick - we don't mind extra walking, so the locaiton at rear of ship vs mid ship isn't a concern - and, since it's our anniversary and first trip in about 3 years sans kids, we'll likely spend quite a bit of time in the room, if ya know what I mean! ;)

I'm getting ready to push the button and book for our 20th anniversary trip. It looks like ALL the aft wraps are still open - if you could choose either an OS or an aft wrap, which would you prefer and why? It's just us this trip - no kiddos! :)

Neither of us gets seasick - we don't mind extra walking, so the locaiton at rear of ship vs mid ship isn't a concern - and, since it's our anniversary and first trip in about 3 years sans kids, we'll likely spend quite a bit of time in the room, if ya know what I mean! ;)

If planning on spending time in the cabin I would choose the OS. If planning to be outside on your balcony I would choose aft wrap.

I've had both and would take an OS over an aft wrap for the following reasons:

• Slightly larger rooms.
  • Refrigerator.
  • No Soot or cigarrete butts.
  • More of a breeze (those aft decks can get hot!)
  • More privacy, people can just stand at the rail and see your balcony.
  • Weird shaped room for many aft wraps (think triangle)
  • Better location.
  • VIP

Just my opinion, aft wraps are nice, but theres a reason why they are less expensive than an a OS.

I lust for the aft wrap. I love the balcony... a friend just had a deck 4 aft wrap on the Miracle.. and it was IMPOSSIBLE to see over the deck from above....it to me was the perfect room!

DH and I had 4228 (deck4) aft wrap on the Miracle earlier this year. LOVED IT

Nobody could see down onto our balcony as deck 4 has overhang. We loved it so much we have 4237 (deck 4) aft wrap on her sister ship the Pride for October 2011.

The aft wraps on the spirit class ships are VS Suites.

thanks for the words of wisdom - we were aft on our last cruise - right NEXT to the wrap - on conquest class. We're looking at Victory - were thinking about Alaska, but have decided to wait 1 more year so we can get the cabin we want and go in the summer, not Sept - hoping for better weather - plus we can take the girls - so as soon as those open up, a deck 4 aft wrap WILL be mine, lol.

We haven't been on Triumph class - so anyone who has that has wisdom in how it compares to conquest class, please chime in - we did have a little soot on our deck 6 balcony, but it didn't bother me that much - we just wiped it down in the morning and expected it to return again overnight - we do love the balcony, did not find it hot at all - we actually got a pretty nice breeze - and I would assume with the wrap you'd have a better opp for the breeze - but the thought of VIP boarding is intriguing - I hadn't taken that into consideration ... hmmmmm ..... are the suites ready any earlier than the regular cabins? I know they are on NCL, but don't recall seeing that they open early on carnival.

thanks for the words of wisdom - we were aft on our last cruise - right NEXT to the wrap - on conquest class. We're looking at Victory - were thinking about Alaska, but have decided to wait 1 more year so we can get the cabin we want and go in the summer, not Sept - hoping for better weather - plus we can take the girls - so as soon as those open up, a deck 4 aft wrap WILL be mine, lol.

We haven't been on Triumph class - so anyone who has that has wisdom in how it compares to conquest class, please chime in - we did have a little soot on our deck 6 balcony, but it didn't bother me that much - we just wiped it down in the morning and expected it to return again overnight - we do love the balcony, did not find it hot at all - we actually got a pretty nice breeze - and I would assume with the wrap you'd have a better opp for the breeze - but the thought of VIP boarding is intriguing - I hadn't taken that into consideration ... hmmmmm ..... are the suites ready any earlier than the regular cabins? I know they are on NCL, but don't recall seeing that they open early on carnival.

Triumph is the predecessor class to the Conquest. Think Conquest, but 60 feet shorter. The biggest difference you'll notice is it has one buffet setup while the Conquest class has two.

Deck 4 aft wrap on the Spirit class is the best! Only 19 more days and we'll have one again! :D

Agreed - kinda the best of both worlds. The suite AND the awesome wrap balcony.

OP, I would vote wrap, even on the Conquest class. There is nothing like sitting out there on that balcony.....and the extra room out there more than makes up for the not having the extra space in cabin of the OS, IMHO.

We had 4237 on the Spirit and loved the cabin! It is split into seperate rooms, has a great overhang for privacy, a refrigerator, whirpool tub, and the back of the ship has less traffic in the hallways. I'd book that room again in a heartbeat!!

DH and I had 4228 (deck4) aft wrap on the Miracle earlier this year. LOVED IT

Nobody could see down onto our balcony as deck 4 has overhang. We loved it so much we have 4237 (deck 4) aft wrap on her sister ship the Pride for October 2011.

The aft wraps on the spirit class ships are VS Suites.

Our friend had the exact same cabin last week!! It was perfect, and I was jealous as all get out for the room they had!!

We had 8428 on Victory. Loved the balcony, loved the cabin. We had no problem with soot or garbage on our balcony, and the only way anyone could see the balcony from above was if they stood right up against the window on deck 9 and looked down. If you book a deck 8 aft wrap, you get the benefit of a side balcony (more shade) as well as an aft balcony. We have the comparable cabin booked on Freedom on February.

We had 8428 on Victory. Loved the balcony, loved the cabin. We had no problem with soot or garbage on our balcony, and the only way anyone could see the balcony from above was if they stood right up against the window on deck 9 and looked down. If you book a deck 8 aft wrap, you get the benefit of a side balcony (more shade) as well as an aft balcony. We have the comparable cabin booked on Freedom on February.

thanks! You convinced me - and the extra money we DON'T spend on the OS will go a long way in paying for shore excursions, dods and photos! I appreciate all the input - booking today! :)

thanks! You convinced me - and the extra money we DON'T spend on the OS will go a long way in paying for shore excursions, dods and photos! I appreciate all the input - booking today! :)

On my cruise, the aft wraps are more expensive then the OS...hope you enjoy your cabin and cruise!!

Archived