Chops - Oasis

kathyemma

I have sailed with Royal many times but have never eaten at one of the pay restaurants. I made a reservation for Chops for our first night - taking advantage of the buy one, get one free coupon. But the reviews I am reading for Chops on Oasis are not very good. Should I cancel and book someplace else or give it a try? I have also read that many of the staff from Oasis are leaving for Allure right before we sail. Wondering if the issues with Chops will be solved when the crew changes around? Has anyone had any good experiences with Chops on Oasis in the last month or so?

TIA

Kathy

We ate in Chops on October 2, 2010 on Oasis (first night) as well as all the other pay restaurants during the week. We found Chops to be the same good quality we have experienced on other ships.

The only downside to eating someplace other than the dining room on the 1st night is if you will have tablemates....it's nice to get to know them from the start. If you're doing MTD, then it won't matter.

We are doing MTD - so that is not an issue.

My concern is all the bad reviews I have been reading. Some have said the waiters are taking 15 mins to even take a drink order and if you don't order wine they are rude. Food has been so-so. I have always loved the food on Royal and really don't want to have pay for food and service that is not great.

Kathy

I have never had an issue at any Chops. The food is always delicious and the servers gracious. If they are rude that should be brought to the manager's attention as it should in any restaurant.

I think you will be quite happy in any of the specialty restaurants. People often ask me why I would be willing to pay for the specialty restaurants when the MDR is free. (I never even went to the MDR on Oasis...) You will see that the quality of food is much better. And the amount that is charged is truly a surcharge. There is no way you could eat for that price in an off-ship restaurant.

Can I ask where you were able to get a BOGO coupon?

we too have eaten in Chops on every ship that has one...it is one of my favorite nights...we were on Oasis in June and the food AND service was the same as every other ship....EXCELLENT

I agree with previous poster...if there is a problem...go to the manager and let it be known....rudeness is not acceptable and I am happy to say I have never encountered a rude waiter in Chops or any other dining venue

ENJOY

Archived