Alternate restaurant reservation policy on Marina

wripro

Ditto that for us, wripro. We booked with the 8-reservation assumption. Don't think we should have to upgrade to an Oceania suite just to get what we were promised in reservations. Maybe Stan and Jim want to share their extra reservations with us, since they "almost never use all of them..." ??? We also prefer the smaller settings, though I'm sure the GDR will be lovely.

:confused: Was the 8 reservation deal an assumption or was it literally promised and then reconfigured?

Admittedly, the 2 reservations per restaurant was an assumption but I assumed a lot of things before booking that would not change from the R ships. The website continued to promote 2 the same reservation policy without ever stating that it might be different on the Marina. this should have been made VERY clear.

Admittedly, the 2 reservations per restaurant was an assumption but I assumed a lot of things before booking that would not change from the R ships. The website continued to promote 2 the same reservation policy without ever stating that it might be different on the Marina. this should have been made VERY clear.

The rule box that you could access when making the reservations at final payment showed 2 reservations per specialty restaurant for PH's. The addendum about Marina happened later on. Also, our agent told us that we would have 2 per restaurant when we did the initial deposit. Hence the understanding that we would have 8 in total. So, not an assumption. The O website was problematic from the get-go. We had difficulty accessing not only the dining reservations, but also the cooking classes and excursions sections. Wripro is correct: the specialty restaurant policy should have been clarified before ANYONE had time to access the site.

The rule box that you could access when making the reservations at final payment showed 2 reservations per specialty restaurant for PH's. The addendum about Marina happened later on. Also, our agent told us that we would have 2 per restaurant when we did the initial deposit. Hence the understanding that we would have 8 in total. So, not an assumption. The O website was problematic from the get-go. We had difficulty accessing not only the dining reservations, but also the cooking classes and excursions sections. Wripro is correct: the specialty restaurant policy should have been clarified before ANYONE had time to access the site.

Lovetocruise-

I believe that your claim is that the rule box listed 2 reservations per restaurant at the time when you made your Initial Payment (or made a deposit), not Final Payment.

Am I correct?

Lovetocruise-

I believe that your claim is that the rule box listed 2 reservations per restaurant at the time when you made your Initial Payment (or made a deposit), not Final Payment.

Am I correct?

If you read the post closely, this is what lovetocruise said (bold letters mine):

Originally Posted by lovetocruise16 viewpost.gif

The rule box that you could access when making the reservations at final payment showed 2 reservations per specialty restaurant for PH's

I think it has been established here on a related thread that the changes for the Marina specialty restaurant reservations where OFFICIALLY posted by O after the final payment for at least the maiden (and perhaps the first couple of cruises). This probably came about because of the complaints that were aired here (and the complaints by the TAs for the "injured" parties).

Somebody dropped the ball at Oceania. From this point forward the policy is clear and hopefully additional reservations will be available to those who want them (based on the preview of the menus, I will most likely be one of those that will want additional reservations). We will be on the Marina from SFO to Rome (skipping the Caribbean Pearls) - that is a long time :)

the Marina specialty restaurant reservations where OFFICIALLY posted by O after the final payment for at least the maiden (and perhaps the first couple of cruises).

I agree with you, Paul, that the restaurant reservation policy might still have been incorrectly posted for the Penthouse category at the time that passengers on the first few cruises made their initial reservation and deposit. That is a very valid point.

As you reaffirmed for me, however, LovetoCruise has stated that the incorrect policy was still posted at the time of FINAL Payment, which is a very different kettle of fish.

If our sailing was any indication, you might do well to ask your agent to watch out for an Oceania Suite opening along about final payment time.

They look absolutely gorgeous

m-room-lg-oc.jpg

We'll let you know, next week :rolleyes:

What is the per diem on the 18-night voyage for that?

The out-the-door per diem, not the brochure price or even the "half off" price, but the real price?

Archived