Lobster and Specialty Dining Question

alwalaska

I read once quite a while ago that on the night when there is lobster in the main dining rooms, that you can also get lobster in the specialty locations without the extra entree fee.

Does anyone know anything about this? It may help us decide what day we want to go to the specialty locations.

Just off the Epic and yes, there was a lobster night in the main dining rooms. Very good quality lobster and no limit on the number of tails you can request. Cagneys offers a "surf and turf" chef special which is an additional $10 on top of the $25 up charge.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Just off the Epic and yes, there was a lobster night in the main dining rooms. Very good quality lobster and no limit on the number of tails you can request. Cagneys offers a "surf and turf" chef special which is an additional $10 on top of the $25 up charge.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Thank you for the response. I wasn't clear on my question, sorry.

If you go to for example Cagneys on the night where there is lobster in the main dining room, do they offer the surf and turf at Cagneys without the additional $10?

different lobsters...cagney's surf & turf or even the lobster dinner is a maine lobster..huge! the lobster, in the MDRs are a small gulf lobster.

so, no, the regular menu lobsters ( in the specialities) do not change prices during the night that the small lobster is served in the MDRs.

i have heard that some (it's been awhile) did get the small lobster added to their regular surcharged meal. since the surcharges are big money makers for NCL, i wouldn't expect them to start serving no cost MDR meals.

I seem to recall being told that there would be no extra charge for lobster in a specialty restaurant on lobster night (got this from a concierge but can't remember who, it was probably on the Jewel). It would pay to ask before you book. Not sure if the lobster night is always the same anyway. The worst they can say is no!!:)

The MDR serves Caribbean Spiny Lobster tails along with other seafood in a mixed platter. The Spiny Lobster bears a mild physical resemblance to New England/Canadian true lobsters, but is not a closely related species, is typically much smaller and does not taste the same (although, if fresh and properly cooked, can be tasty in its own right). There is no edible claw meat in Spiny Lobsters.

Epic Cruisers: Which night is Lobster served in the main dining rooms? Does anyone know if the answer differs dependent upon Eastern or Western Carib. cruises?

I was on the Eastern and they served it on Tuesday in the MDR along with grouper (I think). I thought it was tasty and presented very nicely ... you can just cut and eat, no wrestling with the shell! I didn't order an additional one, but I understand it's no problem if you want to.

Archived