Late Embarkation Melee - NA - 11.7.10??

grammie2maddie

Since the boarding time has been moved to 4pm, can someone with experience address the boarding process? With that many passengers it seems that it is going to be very confusing with long lines and impatient folks. Can someone please enlighten us? As you can see - I'm only cruising for the 2nd time! Thank you.

There will be lines just like there are lines when people board at 1pm. Originally, this cruise was going to board at 1pm, but today's memo from HAL states 4pm so we are not going to arrive at 4. We have found that boarding after the "rush" avoids the long lines. HAL did state they have a hospitality suite at the pier if you arrive early. I don't know what it is like, but that is an option they presented. Let's just hope we don't have Noro like the current cruise!

I'm very pleased that HAL is disinfecting the ship, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed I'll be losing almost a full day of my 7-day cruise. Normally I like to board around 11am, get settled, have a nice lunch, and even work out or relax by the pool. Now I will be boarding around 6pm (to avoid the rush) and the day is pretty much gone. Time for unpacking (depending on when the luggage arrives) and getting ready for dinner. I don't blame HAL and I think they are doing the right thing, I'm just a little sad most of my day one will be lost.

I do think the terminal is going to chaos. Normally there is a staggered arrival of passengers since some arrive early, and some later (based on flight arrivals, etc). In this case a good majority of the passengers are probably going to be at the pier at 4pm. I don't think it's going to be pretty and even when I arrive at 6pm I'm expecting a lot of people. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

Ernie

Since the boarding will not start till 4 and the sailing till 10, you wont even have to check in till 8pm....:o.

I will shoot for about 6, as I want to spend the day at the cape for the shuttle if delayed..

I think I can miss a few meals... and be more relaxed the first days

Archived