Help! Can I get to the airport in Barcelona for a 10:35 flight?

katmich12

Well, a few months have passed since my last post in this thread.

After watching the air fares and realizing they were not going to get any lower, we finally booked our air from Barcelona yesterday.

Much to our delight, American Airlines has a flight back to NY that leaves Barcelona at 12:35 that we were able to book!

Sure, we could get up early, skip breakfast, be one of the first ones to carry our own bags off, and pre-book a ride to the airport.

Now we won't have to! :D

There's nothing I hate more than stressing and racing to end my vacation! I'm counting on a relaxing final morning on the ship.

Plus, now we will save money on staying the extra night like we were originally going to.

We were faced with the same dilemma in November. Our ship docked at 5 am. We did a walk off and were at the airport before the airline counters opened. We pre-arranged our transportation. The airport was not busy, security had no line up. The key was the walk off. there were taxis waiting and they are cheaper than pre-arranged transportation but we were the only ship in port that day. We arranged for our pick up for 6:30 and had no trouble making our 9:55 flight. The cruise lines are aware that most of the flights to North America leave in the morning and consequently schedule their docking accordingly.

Thank you - that makes me feel better. I wonder if I could find out in advance if there will be other ships in port on our day of return. Maybe I should still pre-arrange the cab....

while not 100% accurate, www.cruisett will show you the ships that are scheduled to be in port in most places.

I might add that I am a complete worry wart when it comes to times and getting where I need to be at the time required. As I pointed out it was all for not on the Jade. The opened the buffet early, we had time for breakfast and made it to the airport long before check in began. One word of advice there are lots of stores and restaurants past security, visit that area before you go through exit control because once past exit control there is not much in the gate area. We did pre arrange a ride but if I did a walk off in Barcelona again I would just take a taxi and save some money. As I pointed out in my previous post we just breezed through the whole process and this was on a day of labour unrest in Barcelona, the airport actually shut down for 36 hours 3 hours after our flight left. I was glad I did not take Delta's offer of $600.00 to spend an extra night.

Archived