Would you book this? Thoughts Please!

karpela

Ok! So we were booked on the now cancelled Solstice TA 23rd Oct next year and have been waiting and waiting to hear from my TA (yes I did call her, but she hadn't heard from X). We can't do the later date unfortunately, as we can't be away in December, so have been looking at the other TA's to change to.

We finally hear today that we will get our OBC of $200 if we change to another sailing.

My TA has told us he can do the Eclipse TA (end Oct 2011) for £300 (about $470) less than we were paying, in a 1B stateroom 9th deck, instead of the 2A, 7th deck we were booked in.

This will only be our 2nd cruise and I don't know enough about the stateroom catagories to compare. Although I am quite excited about trying the Eclipse!

Also the itinery doesn't seem as exciting, as we would be leaving from Southampton and sailing around France to cross the Atlantic to Miami. The Solstice was leaving from Barcelona, visiting Western Med ports before crossing to Fort Lauderdale.

Sorry to go on and on but do you think the difference is worth it??

Many thanks

Adele :confused::)

I guess it depends on whether you sail for the ship, or the ports. When considering a long cruise (i.e., more than a week) I tend to be more concerned about the ship ... does it have enough to keep me entertained? Is it big enough so that I won't feel like I'm closed in and am surrounded by people all the time? Are there options for the many days at sea - like different pools, outdoor spaces, indoor spaces, etc.

Only you can decide which is more important to you. In your situation, I'd probably be happy with the choice, but you'll have to give some thought as to whether or not you'll miss those ports :)

Good luck with your choice!

I guess it depends on whether you sail for the ship, or the ports. When considering a long cruise (i.e., more than a week) I tend to be more concerned about the ship ... does it have enough to keep me entertained? Is it big enough so that I won't feel like I'm closed in and am surrounded by people all the time? Are there options for the many days at sea - like different pools, outdoor spaces, indoor spaces, etc.

Only you can decide which is more important to you. In your situation, I'd probably be happy with the choice, but you'll have to give some thought as to whether or not you'll miss those ports :)

Good luck with your choice!

Thank you for your reply.

My DH is more bothered by the ports (or lack of them) than I am. But after sailing the Equinox earlier this year, the thought of sailing the Eclipse is very exciting! :)

Thank you for your reply.

My DH is more bothered by the ports (or lack of them) than I am. But after sailing the Equinox earlier this year, the thought of sailing the Eclipse is very exciting! :)

Cruise Celebrity at your own risk!

Read about how they treat passengers on the October 13 cancellation in Nice!!!!

Cruise Celebrity at your own risk!

Read about how they treat passengers on the October 13 cancellation in Nice!!!!

Come on Time to let this rest, as Mr Gump would say

IT| HAPPENS. OK they could have done things a little better

but I am sure those affected will get their recompense

Ok! So we were booked on the now cancelled Solstice TA 23rd Oct next year

Adele :confused::)

Hi

have you looked at this crossing on the Silhouette

Sailing 22nd Oct 2011 from Rome to Bayonne N Jersey stopping off at Palma

Lisbon

Don't know if you planned a stay in Florida after your cruise

but a few days in NYC would be a nice way to finish tour TA

Hi

have you looked at this crossing on the Silhouette

Sailing 22nd Oct 2011 from Rome to Bayonne N Jersey stopping off at Palma

Lisbon

Don't know if you planned a stay in Florida after your cruise

but a few days in NYC would be a nice way to finish tour TA

Hi

I have looked at the Silhouette and agree the itinery is really good. However we were looking forwad to spending some of our sea days sunbathing towards the end of the cruise and I don't think this would happen sailing to NYC.

Having just got back from NY a couple of weeks ago, the weather was definately not for sunbathing but checking todays weather in Miami - it looks great! :)

Karpela, Never had a bad cabin on any X ship but I would be concerned about Hurricane weather at this time of year. Even last week was bad.( I live MBeach). Try the first week in December, slowest week of year, always good weather, low crowds. All this means LOWEST prices of year.

Karpela, Never had a bad cabin on any X ship but I would be concerned about Hurricane weather at this time of year. Even last week was bad.( I live MBeach). Try the first week in December, slowest week of year, always good weather, low crowds. All this means LOWEST prices of year.

Thanks for your advice but we can't be away in December because of work. I have been reading about the hurricanes and how the ship does everything it can to avoid bad weather.

I think we will be giving the Eclipse a try, Ive just spoken again to my TA who is reserving our stateroom as we speak!! :)

Thanks for your advice but we can't be away in December because of work. I have been reading about the hurricanes and how the ship does everything it can to avoid bad weather.

I think we will be giving the Eclipse a try, Ive just spoken again to my TA who is reserving our stateroom as we speak!! :)

You will love it, have a look at the Westin Diplomat hotel at

Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood, it is about 30 mins from Downtown Miami

but is right on the beach.

At that time of year if you are lucky you can get it on Priceline for about

$80 per night.

If you need any help let me know and I will pass you my email.

You will love it, have a look at the Westin Diplomat hotel at

Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood, it is about 30 mins from Downtown Miami

but is right on the beach.

At that time of year if you are lucky you can get it on Priceline for about

$80 per night.

If you need any help let me know and I will pass you my email.

We would love to extend our trip in Florida but unfortunatley we will have to fly back due to work. Apparently if your flight is after 6pm, X will take you to a hotel near the airport so you have a room to use for the day and transfer you to the airport later in the day. At least will should have some time to spend in Miami.Thanks for the advice though :)

Archived