Beverage Cards..good for everything?

Xtchr

Can you use the $50 Beverage Cards for EVERYTHING... including bottled WATER? Soda? Alcoholic drinks, etc.

I read on another message board they couldn't be used during Happy Hour? Is that correct? Or, is it just that they can't be used for the Special Drink of the Day?

I also read somewhere the beverage cards can't be used on Half Moon Cay..not even for a diet coke?? Don't understand that one!

I can only speak to how it was on the Noordam which along with the Westerdam was the pilot for the new cards. The beverage cards (not to be confused with the new soda cards) were good for ANY beverage at ANY time, this included beer, wine (glass or bottle), cocktails, sodas and any other beverage. To the best of my knowledge, every bar and dining room accepted the card. I say to the best of my knowledge because we did not try to use it everywhere. but everywhere we did it was accepted without question.

Kirk

Can you use the $50 Beverage Cards for EVERYTHING... including bottled WATER? Soda? Alcoholic drinks, etc. There is a separate soda card that you can buy -- $50 of soda and it only costs you $25. No Bottled water can be bought. The Beverage card can be used for alcoholic drinks.

I read on another message board they couldn't be used during Happy Hour? Is that correct? Or, is it just that they can't be used for the Special Drink of the Day? On the Ryndam we were not able to use the Beverage Card during Happy Hour. But a couple of other people said that on their ship they could. So apparantly this differs by ship and the type of Happy Hour that the ships has. Yes on the Ryndam you could use the card for the Drink of the Day -- so again that may vary from ship to ship as well.

I also read somewhere the beverage cards can't be used on Half Moon Cay..not even for a diet coke?? Don't understand that one!

No you can not use any kind of beverage cards on HMC for anything.

We bought 5 of the $100 Beverage cards for our 14 day cruise. They can be used up pretty quickly considering that they not only take off the cost of the drink but they also take out the 15% gratuity.

One warning -- if you do not use up the card -- you lose on it. For example if you use only $80 at the end of the cruise you only be given back $10 on your shipboard account -- you lose the other $10. That is because you only spent $90 for the $100 card. The same thing happens for the $50 card -- if you don't use it all -- you will lose $5 since the card only costs $45.

Can you use the $50 Beverage Cards for EVERYTHING... including bottled WATER? Soda? Alcoholic drinks, etc.

I read on another message board they couldn't be used during Happy Hour? Is that correct? Or, is it just that they can't be used for the Special Drink of the Day?

This from the HAL site.

Save with a pre-paid beverage value card. Purchase a pre-paid beverage value card for $45 and receive $50 toward beverage purchases. This discounted beverage value card offers savings on a variety of beverage selections from soda, espresso and non-alcoholic beverages, to wine, beer and spirits. A 15% beverage service charge will be automatically added to all beverage purchases and will be deducted from the value of the card at the time of purchase.

You can also purchase non-alcoholic beverage cards that are only good towards sodas, coffees, and other non-alcoholic drinks.

I cannot speak to the Half Moon Cay portion of the question.

Archived