FLL post cruise excursions

ottmar

I posted this in the 'Florida departures' section with no response so I will try it here.

Our plane leaves from Ft.Lauderdale at 4:45 PM and we are contemplating to take that bus and riverboat, excursion that will drop us at the airport after. I can't seem to get back to find where I read about it but I remember that those excursions can only be booked on the ship.

My questions are: there are no prices posted and I wonder how much it costs and do we get a special debarkation ticket to meet the bus.

....Ott

I posted this in the 'Florida departures' section with no response so I will try it here.

Our plane leaves from Ft.Lauderdale at 4:45 PM and we are contemplating to take that bus and riverboat, excursion that will drop us at the airport after. I can't seem to get back to find where I read about it but I remember that those excursions can only be booked on the ship.

My questions are: there are no prices posted and I wonder how much it costs and do we get a special debarkation ticket to meet the bus.

....Ott

Here is a link from May to the post cruise excursion sheets from the Emerald. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2444718190046132864gpribi?vhost=travel I find it is easier to read if you go directly to webshots as when reposted here, it seems to be a bit fuzzy. It lists all of the post cruise tours and the prices. Enjoy!

The following was available on the Ruby sailing in March and I doubt the cost has changed much if at all.

- For those with late flights the following tours are available. These are available for those with flights leaving FLL after 230pm or MIA after 400p or 330p from MIA for the Everglades Airboat Ride. These can only be booked onboard and you will be given paperwork on embarkation day.

- FORT LAUDERDALE BY LAND & SEA

This tour of city sights includes a cruise onboard a paddle-wheeled boat along the intracoastal Waterway. An air-conditioned bus guided journey along the beach and Las Olas Blvd. The tour will end at the airport. Departs 900am, 4 hours duration, $54 Adults, $43 Children.

- FORT LAUDERDALE BY LAND & SEA

This tour is the same as above ending at the Miami Airport. Departs 900am, 5 hours duration, $64 Adults, $51 Children.

- EVERGLADES AIRBOAT RIDE

An air-conditioned bus to an airboat and then a 30 minute ride through the River of Grass. Bus back to FLL. Departs 900am, 2hrs 45 min. duration, $44 Adults, $35 Children.

- EVERGLADES AIRBOAT RIDE

This tour is the same as above ending at the Miami Airport. Departs 900a, 3hrs 30 min. duration, $54 Adults, $43 Children.

- EVERGLADES AIRBOAT RIDE & FLAMINGO GARDENS WILDLIFE

This tour is the same as above but also included a visit to the Flamingo Gardens and Wildlife Sanctuary including a 30 minute narrated tram ride. Departs 900a, 4 hours duration, $64 Adults, $51 Children.

- EVERGLADES AIRBOAT RIDE & FLAMINGO GARDENS WILDLIFE

This tour is the same as above ending at the Miami Airport. Departs 900a, 5 hours duration, $74 Adults, $59 Children.

We just got back from the Crown and did the Everglades tour. I think the cost was about $49 each, and we were back at the airport by noon.

When we got to the airport we noticed that there is luggage day storage - I think it was about $6 a bag - so an alternative might be to check your luggage and head back out, maybe take an all day pass on the water taxi, $15 and enjoy travelling around.

The airport really is quite crowded and unpleasant - filling in the 2 1/2 hours between getting dropped off at the airport and our 2:45 flight was not fun.

Whatever you do, enjoy!

Thanks to everybody for the fast information. Now we just have to decide if we want to spend $100+ or wait at the airport.

....Ott

We have taken the EVERGLADES AIRBOAT RIDE & FLAMINGO GARDENS WILDLIFE tour. It was well worth the money. (Of course, we had a great day weatherwise when we did it.)

We were at the Fort Lauderdale airport - terminal 2 I think.

I'm not sure how far to the water taxi from the airport -

On our b2b day in fort lauderdale we were able to walk from the ship to the water taxi stop at the convention centre/hilton hotel stop 7 (about 10 minutes) -

Maybe the map at the water taxi website will help www.watertaxi.com

Archived