westerdam cabin question

Isasprings

I just got my cabin # C 1071 I booked GTY HH OV this is an upgrade? it is a good location?

All I can say is that Looks to be an Absolutely Great Location, midship, near the elevators and the Atrium:)

It is a wheelchair accessible stateroom and does not have a bathtub. But the layout will look larger than it actually is because it is laid out for wheelchairs to move about in.

Joanie

WTG

Joanie

Maybe I'm stating the obvious....but, Isasprings, you went from the lowest outside cabin category to the highest outside cabin category. If you had actually been given a "HH" cabin, your view would have been completely obstructed. Instead, you have a completely unobstructed view, and a "C" cabin almost at the middle of the ship: best location for getting around, as Joanie mentioned. Also, probably the least motion of any passenger cabin on the entire ship.

This is the best upgrade you could have gotten without being bumped all the way up to a balcony cabin (which happens as seldom as snow in June).

If you'd booked that "C" cabin instead of a "HH" guarantee, you'd have had to spend about as much as a balcony cabin.

So, IMO this is definitely a "score!"

Hope that helps.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious....but, Isasprings, you went from the lowest outside cabin category to the highest outside cabin category. If you had actually been given a "HH" cabin, your view would have been completely obstructed. Instead, you have a completely unobstructed view, and a "C" cabin almost at the middle of the ship: best location for getting around, as Joanie mentioned. Also, probably the least motion of any passenger cabin on the entire ship.

This is the best upgrade you could have gotten without being bumped all the way up to a balcony cabin (which happens as seldom as snow in June).

If you'd booked that "C" cabin instead of a "HH" guarantee, you'd have had to spend about as much as a balcony cabin.

So, IMO this is definitely a "score!"

Hope that helps.

Thank you! This trip is a gift from our DD I just told her of the upgrade she is so happy for us I can't wait:p

You might even get an upsell offer before you sail.

That's what happened to my DD last November on the Westerdam - HH guarantee to a C ... then a few days later, an offer to upgrade to a VA or VB for $49/pp.

I took it - didn't tell her - and loved the look of awe when she opened the door to her cabin.

I thought she'd notice the cabin number on the luggage tags, but she isn't into that kind of stuff, she just goes with the flow.

I've only been on 2 previous cruises and neither was with Holland. I see a lot of converstaion about cabin location etc. What is the difference between starboard or port (I realize they are on opposite sides of the ship) but why do some people prefer one over the other? And is the higher up you go on the boat the better?

What is the difference between starboard or port (I realize they are on opposite sides of the ship) but why do some people prefer one over the other?

Personal preference? There's really no big difference.

I first cruised on ships which had fore/aft traffic lanes on starboard, so I tend to "list" that way. Others may have gotten used to being on port side, and now feel more comfortable knowing how to get to everything from that direction.

And is the higher up you go on the boat the better?

Corporate must think so, as the price of a cabin goes up with the deck number. Won't get me to pay for them, though! In rough seas, the lower decks, especially more toward mid-ship, have a smoother ride.

Archived