The math doesn't add up...OBC

nascar20fan

tsk Fire-- are you having a bad day?? Bo was just agreeing with you- or at least that is how I took it.

I thought he agreed that they post too much in one day too.

(or am i just having a good day and see the best of the world---LOL

I still love ya baby--

thanks for the "tsk" .. time to get away from CC .. yes seems like a lot of posts are "snarky" as someone just mentioned elsewhere today on CC. laters.

Fire -

We're booked on Dream for 4/2/11. Have been checking for discounts since we booked early saver - haven't gotten lower than what we paid yet - real close in the last 2 days or so but my question is - is it really too early to expect the rates to come down and if so when do you suggest I really start being persistent about checking? Only my 2nd cruise and the first was several years ago before Early Saver but with having booked 2 cabins for 4 kids and Mom and Dad any reductions would be welcome! Thanks in advance!

As long as your category isnt sold it, yes you should be able to claim the lowest 8A price.

Just checked online to see if the correct amount has been calculated for the OBC and yes....the $260 is posted on e-docs! Called TA and she hadn't had time to double check, so maybe it just got corrected by itself. Anyhow, I'm a happy person!!!:)

Seems like there are two ways to handle a price reduction:

1. Lower the amount due at final payment
  2. Apply a OBC for the price difference

Obviously, they would not do both, and after final payment only the OBC is an option.

So the question is, do they consistently apply price reduction or OBC, or does it vary?

Seems like it could get confusing if they used OBC in place of price reduction since some fares come with OBC.

Seems like there are two ways to handle a price reduction:

1. Lower the amount due at final payment
  2. Apply a OBC for the price difference

Obviously, they would not do both, and after final payment only the OBC is an option.

So the question is, do they consistently apply price reduction or OBC, or does it vary?

Seems like it could get confusing if they used OBC in place of price reduction since some fares come with OBC.

Yes, its been consistent. If before final payment, then its reduction to the price. After you pay it off, its OBC.

Fire -

We're booked on Dream for 4/2/11. Have been checking for discounts since we booked early saver - haven't gotten lower than what we paid yet - real close in the last 2 days or so but my question is - is it really too early to expect the rates to come down and if so when do you suggest I really start being persistent about checking? Only my 2nd cruise and the first was several years ago before Early Saver but with having booked 2 cabins for 4 kids and Mom and Dad any reductions would be welcome! Thanks in advance!

If its that far out, I check but not every day like the last few months. Its never too early to check. Iv gotten a price drop more than a year out.

Archived