Chef's Table..Just do it!!

Cruise Junky

The concept of the Chef's Table on land or on sea - is that diners put themselves completely in the hands of the chef who is free to create whatever menu suits his mood etc. Princess takes food alergies into account, but I think those who have a number of likes-dislikes and choices should consider the alternate restaurants and perhaps the Ultimate Balcony Dinner - where the chef is happy to accomodate individual prefrences.

I will probably get flamed for this, but this really is an accurate take on the concept behind Chefs Tables.

As the OP, I completely agree with this. There were a couple of things that I normally wouldn't eat (beluga caviar and tuna tartar) and I just pulled up my big girl panties and put myself in the chef's hands and ate it much to my husbands shock. You're either in or your out....of course I didn't take seconds of those ;)

You beat me to the answer, but I'll second the cost at being $60. That's exactly what we've paid the last two times we've done the chef's table.

For $75 WITH adult beverages I think this is a great deal, but $60 without is not worth it, in my opinion.

For $75 WITH adult beverages I think this is a great deal, but $60 without is not worth it, in my opinion.

I've never felt cheated paying $60 each for the chef's table, it's still been worth every penny for me (especially with the photographs, tour, signed cookbook, etc that's included).

The worst we had was steak tartare in the galley. Presentation was great, but I prefer my beef cooked a little bit.

Any of the tartare preparations take a little getting used to, whether it's beef, venison, salmon, tuna, etc it's still not my favorite.

We have never done it and probably never will. I can't see spending $75pp for a lot of food which I cannot possibly eat. I am perfectly satisfied with the food on the regular menu. And - you can buy the cookbook for $30, two of which I have and use for "coffee table" books.

Archived