Soda Card

goldenrose45

I've read that you can purchase a soda card for a fee that gets you unlimited sodas for the cruise. Does unlimited aslo mean the fridge in your room?

Last week on the Valor my dh bought a 'soda card' and they poured him a fresh cup from the can or plastic bottles. Some people I saw, they brought them the full plastic bottle for their drink. One downfall, they only had Coke products and we are Pepsi people - needless to say it was turned back in for a refund in a short while. :o)

Unless you drink more than 3 cans of coke/soda per day, I don't see where the soda cards are cheaper. But, not being a soft drink person, I have no idea how much people can drink of the stuff. So, if you're the type to get one or two sodas at the pool, then one at dinner, just order them individually. I think if I drank more soda than that, I would probably bring on a 6-pack, purchase more in port and supplement with a few purchased at different times onboard (convenience). That is what I do with my bottled water.

The soda card or sticker is the way to go, especially when you bring your own rum or Captain Morgan aboard. DW and I brought our own insulated mugs (32 OZ.) and the bar tenders were happy to fill them for us. We always bring our own mugs for the lido deck.

John

Fountain Fun Cards are priced accordingly with the length of the cruise and are available for both children and adults. The general rule is if you plan to drink at least 3 or more cans of soda per day you can come out ahead with the Fountain Fun Card. Under 18 is $4.00 per day and adults are $5.50 per day plus 15% gratuity and must be purchased for the entire length of the cruise.

Does anyone know what the charge is for a soda on Carnival WITHOUT a soda card. Just trying to figure out if it's worth the soda card purchase or if each soda is descently priced.

Lemontea Zer,

You have to remember, without the Carnival Fountain Fun Card (soda Card), you will pay an additional 15% gratuity on each soda. I don't know the exact price, but it will far outweight the price of the soda card in the long run. Taken this into consideration, there is certainly nothing to think about. The purchase of the soda card is a "no-brainer".

John

Lemontea Zer,

You have to remember, without the Carnival Fountain Fun Card (soda Card), you will pay an additional 15% gratuity on each soda. I don't know the exact price, but it will far outweight the price of the soda card in the long run. Taken this into consideration, there is certainly nothing to think about. The purchase of the soda card is a "no-brainer".

John

Thanks so much for the info. I kind of figured that would be the way it was, but just wanted to make sure. With 3 kids along we will definantly purchase the soda card.

Melissa

On Carnival-- soda is free in the dining room for kids under 12.

On the buffet on the Lido deck they can have Iced tea, lemonade and fruit punch all for free.. Choc milk and whilte milk is free. In the morning only there is orange juise and apple juice. For free. Room service you can have milks, oj , apple juice, tomatoe juice all for free.

Soda costs 1.50 for a can or 2.50 for a bottle. Add 15% gratuity to that price.

The cost for the soda card is per day-- so if you are cruising for a 5 day cruise--- you pay for 5 days- bars are closed except for cash that last day.. sooo the soda card is not valid. Also figure out the time spent in port.

a 7 day cruise that does 4 ports-- 1st and last day dont count--- as you wont be buying your card until later in the day. only you can figure if the card is worth it.

Me? when my family sails we each carry on a 12 pack of pepsi. (soda is allowed to be carried on)

What about the cards for alcholic beverages? Does anyone know the price for these on RCCL? Do you have to purchase them at the beginning of the cruise or can you get more if needed?

Did Royal start their alcohol card up again?? Last time I saw--they canceled this all together.

They do have a soda/juice package.

Yeah, it's an EXPENSIVE addiction... Lately I've been using an online TA that's been giving me better prices than I've found anywhere else.

My favorite line has to be Crystal, but of the more mainstream lines I prefer RCI, Celebrity, even NCL (but only the Star/Dawn and probably the upcoming Jewel). One HUGE bargain I found this winter was MSC. Awesome new ships, VERY low prices, and some of the best food and service I've ever had. It's a more European experience, not quite as geared to the American market as most. It reminded me of what cruising used to be like though and I thought it was just wonderful.

I do NOT care for Carnival or any of the companies they own. I've been on them all and kept giving them more chances, but I just don't care for the way they do things and I won't sail on any of them again. I know many people love them, but they're not for me.

In the Caribbean I prefer the Eastern and Southern ports, particularly St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba, and Curacao. Alaska is gorgeous, Scandinavia is better. Madeira and the Canaries are wonderful. The Greek islands are all great - Santorini is probably my favorite though. Asia is a great place to cruise as well - Hong Kong, Singapore, and Thailand are all favorites.

Archived