Construction and jelly fish on Great Stirrup Cay?

bluefintuna

I've heard NCL is making some big changes to GSC. My last visit to GSC was in 2006. We will be stopping there in March. What changes have taken place? Will there be more for us to do? Thanks

Here is a link to a thread with some great pictures (a link in post #1)....sounds like the first phase will be done next month.

http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1298820

We were at GSC on 11/10. We did see numerous jelly fish - but didn't seem to be painful for anybody in our group of 12. There was construction but it didn't interfere at all with the visit. This was my favorite stop for the whole cruise. Nice beach, great music, relaxing.

I was there last week and we didn't see any jellyfish. The water was very nice. Although there is construction equipment on the island behind the beach and barely visible, we didn't hear any activity while we were there.

GSC has great potential and the only way to get her there is with some construction. Hopefully everyone will have as nice a day there as we did while we all await the finshed product. When the improvements are complete it should be fabulous!

Archived