Spare Time After Disembarkation - San Diego

Miss UK

Hi

My cruise gets into San Diego at 07:00am and my return flight isn't until much later in the evening. As it's a complete package including transportation to the airport from the port does the cruise line transfer me directly from the port - airport and I then have hours to sit around? Or can I do something with the few hours I have in San Diego and then transer to the airport?

Thank you.

Yes - this is likely the case. At most ports the cruise line offers excursions for tours in the port city which include transporting you and your luggage and drop off mid afternoon at the airport. These will be listed in the excursion booklet you can download from Celebrity's website.

When in a similar situation at Ft. Lauderdale, we've rented a car from a rental company that runs a shuttle to the port so we could spend the day around town with our luggage in the back and then return the car to the airport.

You should be able to look at the home ports forum for San Diego to see if this is a possibility there or to get other suggestions:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

Hi

My cruise gets into San Diego at 07:00am and my return flight isn't until much later in the evening. As it's a complete package including transportation to the airport from the port does the cruise line transfer me directly from the port - airport and I then have hours to sit around? Or can I do something with the few hours I have in San Diego and then transer to the airport?

Thank you.

Check they haven't booked you into a day room at a nearby hotel. If I've booked a package with Celebrity for a cruise ending in the US and with the flight back to the UK not being until later in the day that is what they have done.

San Diego Zoo is a great place to visit for a few hours if you like that sort of thing.

Phil

In San Diego the cruise port and airport are only a short distance apart. We rented a car at a very reasonable rate from Advantage Rent A Car.

www.advantage.com

They provide free shuttle service between their office and both the airport and cruise port. You should be able to rent a car for the day for about $30 - $45.

You could spend a nice day visiting Balboa Park with its world famous zoo and variety of museums, ride over to Coronado Island or Old Town (just a few suggestions), and then their shuttle would take you and your luggage to the airport whenever you drop off the rental car.

I should think the other car rental companies in San Diego provide the same kind of cruise port / airport shuttle service too. You could call or email them to find out, or maybe some of the San Diego people on the board will provide more information.

In San Diego the cruise port and airport are only a short distance apart. We rented a car at a very reasonable rate from Advantage Rent A Car.

www.advantage.com

They provide free shuttle service between their office and both the airport and cruise port. You should be able to rent a car for the day for about $30 - $45.

You could spend a nice day visiting Balboa Park with its world famous zoo and variety of museums, ride over to Coronado Island or Old Town (just a few suggestions), and then their shuttle would take you and your luggage to the airport whenever you drop off the rental car.

I should think the other car rental companies in San Diego provide the same kind of cruise port / airport shuttle service too. You could call or email them to find out, or maybe some of the San Diego people on the board will provide more information.

I agree completely about renting a car.. There will be many rental agency vans patroling outside the terminal looking for customers with and without reservations.

San Diego is a very easy city to navigate :) Enjoy !!!

Srpilo

I agree completely about renting a car.. There will be many rental agency vans patroling outside the terminal looking for customers with and without reservations.

San Diego is a very easy city to navigate :) Enjoy !!!

Srpilo

In the past we've found we were best served with a reservation due to the more favorable rates you can get while shopping around at your leisure.

Archived