Really Disappointed with the Shows on the Ruby Princess

teresastreed

We went on 11 Princess cruises in a row and then last month a Royal

Caribbean cruise. The entertainment choices on Royal were far superior

to anything we've ever seen on Princess.

The showrooms were huge [Mariner of the Seas] and there was plenty of

room to accommodate those who wished to stroll in 5 to 10 minutes before

the show. The lounge acts were great, and they had other options like

the ice show, gambling, et cet. Obviously RCCL budgets a lot more money

for entertainment than Princess.

The showroom acts were wonderful, with good acts from Las Vegas, too.

I've found the lounge acts on Princess to be pretty good, however, but

am so tired of the same old same old.

Which Royal ship was this? We also went on one and found it quite close to Princess entertainment with the exception of the ice rink show. We read for the Oasis and Allure that reservations should be made online before sailing for the shows. The shows look good but the prices are adjusted accordingly with Oasis and Allure higher than most Princess 7 day sailings for same itinerary or as close as you can get.

The show' Piano Man' is shown yet again as it has on all my cruises with Princess .The Captains Circle cocktail half hour clapping for the most travelled customers winning their numerous crystal edition of the ship.woopeee doo:D

Do you know what was the cutoff number was for the most traveled party.

Lowest from 300's days to up to 900's days the highest.

These are the numbers from the long cruises.The shortie ones to Alaska the days

to gain this are much lower.

Oh you get free cocktails whoopee do.:p

Gee ar'nt I a naughtly old bird:D;)

P.S.I do not attend this function I wrote to the captain and told him it was boring.

The repeating entertainment is a double edged sword. Yes, you need to have the production shows repeat because a 900 seat theater for 3000+ passenger ships is a stupid design decision. Otherwise, there would be a lot more complaining if most of the ship couldn't see the shows - as it is, several hundred will miss the show even with repeats. But, repeating shows does come across as a cost-cutting measure.

The best way to handle this is to review the entertainment overview sheet when you get onboard. See what shows will repeat and when - not all shows will. On a night when there is a production show and another performer in Explorers, generally both will repeat the following night. If you only go to one, then you'll have something "new" to see the next night. That's probably the best solution in this case.

We agree 100% We loved the RCI shows but the Emerald Princess (Oct 19-29) shows were very poor, in comparison! Everyone we spoke with on the Emerald, had the same opinion! We just went to the lounge acts after that! We found the comedians and magicians very good!

I quess everyone sees different. We were on the Ruby 11/14-11/21 cruise. We thought the entertainment was some of the best we have experienced out of 24 cruises. We did a 15 day cruise thru the Panama canal last May on Carnival and it was the worst cruise over all we have taken with the entertainment being the worst. I thought the Ruby excelled in all areas, it renewed my feelings of how great a cruise can be. After that cruise on Carnival, I was about ready to give up on cruising but the Ruby really revived my love of cruising.

I quess everyone sees different. We were on the Ruby 11/14-11/21 cruise. We thought the entertainment was some of the best we have experienced out of 24 cruises. We did a 15 day cruise thru the Panama canal last May on Carnival and it was the worst cruise over all we have taken with the entertainment being the worst. I thought the Ruby excelled in all areas, it renewed my feelings of how great a cruise can be. After that cruise on Carnival, I was about ready to give up on cruising but the Ruby really revived my love of cruising.

I found on the last 13 days of my long 32 day cruise the entertainment was poor the few good shows were in the first two weeks.Then one big production show at the end of the cruise. We only had 5 full production shows .Princess has really cut down to how it was in past years no kidding:(

I find that Princess offers the same entertainment schedule that you find on all the mainstream cruise lines. On a typical 7 night cruise there are two Las Vegas Style production shows. Plus, there are usually two comedians, a juggler/magician type show, and a specialty act, usually a singer. Not to mention a piano bar, live dance music and a disco. I was just comparing my Sapphire Princess Patter with my Mariner of the Seas Cruise Compass, and found that this was the case on both sailings. The main difference is that Princess adds a third showing of the production shows due to the smaller theater.

Of all the cruise lines we've traveled, we find that Princess is our favorite. Having said that, we find that Princess falls short in the quality of its' production shows. I don't think it is necessarily a reflection of the economy as much as a lack of creativity and talent. By far, NCL and RCI surpass princess in that respect. In spite of that we still find that Princess is far superior in every other aspect.

Archived