Cab to San Sebastian

TravlGrl

Have any of you taken a cab from the port in Puerto Vallarta out to San Sebastian? If so, what was the cost?

We did a tour out to La Quinta organic coffee farm (among other places in San Sebastian) and LOVED their coffee so much! Rather than taking a full tour out there again ($76/person is cheapest I can find), we simply just want to pick up some of their coffee. So, we're thinking we'll just hop a cab for the 1.5 hour drive, pick up our coffee, and come back.

If anyone has any idea of cab prices, that would be great!

Right now they are sold out, in a couple of weeks, a few bags will be available. Then a wait till harvest in January.

Not available in town, sorry.

Thanks

We will be there in March so maybe they will have some left ;)

Superior Tours has trips to San Sebastian that will pick you up at the dock. If you can get a group together, it's pretty economical. A Marine Terminal taxi would be very expensive, even a city cab would cost more than $75 each.

Yikes! That's the same cost of a tour, essentially! This is a rare cruise where we are sailing alone, and not part of a group. :) I'm aware of other coffees, but this is seriously the best coffee I've tasted in the world. We might just end up paying the high cost to get there anyhow. :o

Yikes! That's the same cost of a tour, essentially! This is a rare cruise where we are sailing alone, and not part of a group. :) I'm aware of other coffees, but this is seriously the best coffee I've tasted in the world. We might just end up paying the high cost to get there anyhow. :o

Maybe someone on your roll call would share the ride with you

Yikes! That's the same cost of a tour, essentially! This is a rare cruise where we are sailing alone, and not part of a group. :) I'm aware of other coffees, but this is seriously the best coffee I've tasted in the world. We might just end up paying the high cost to get there anyhow. :o[/quot

Get in contact with them with your request. Sometimes they try to combine this tour with other guests.

Maybe someone on your roll call would share the ride with you

That will be my last resort. That sounds awful to say, but I have no negative intent! They are all good people I'm sure, but they're essentially a HUGE group of reunion cruisers and I've had a tough time really connecting on that roll call. If you're not a reunion cruiser, it's tough to insert into conversations where everyone knows everyone. Looking forward to meeting them on the ship though, and perhaps we'll be able to come up with a last-minute solution and find a few people to share transportation with us if I exhaust all other avenues.

Thank you for the suggestion though! :)

Get in contact with them with your request. Sometimes they try to combine this tour with other guests.

I sent them an email yesterday to see what they can do, letting them know there are only 2 of us. Perhaps they have a van that isn't full and we can ride along. :confused: Hopefully we'll get this sorted out. It sounds kind of funny that this is all for a bunch of kilos of coffee! :)

Meanwhile, I just remembered a cruiser from Cruise Critic who was able to get in touch with the coffee farm a couple of years ago (I think there is only one person there who speaks English; bad of me not to learn Spanish!). He was able to meet someone at the port to bring him a bunch of coffee. I had sent him $ in advance of his sailing so I could be part of that purchase. I'm trying that route too to see if he can put me in touch with that person.

Any other ideas...please keep them coming! Thank you, all!

Meanwhile, I just remembered a cruiser from Cruise Critic who was able to get in touch with the coffee farm a couple of years ago (I think there is only one person there who speaks English; bad of me not to learn Spanish!). He was able to meet someone at the port to bring him a bunch of coffee. I had sent him $ in advance of his sailing so I could be part of that purchase. I'm trying that route too to see if he can put me in touch with that person.

Any other ideas...please keep them coming! Thank you, all!

That would be great too bad they do not sell near the port when ship's come in

We brought home 12 lbs of coffee last trip from the different countries on the cruise

Thank goodness we drove to the port so no worries about overweight luggage ;)

That would be great too bad they do not sell near the port when ship's come in

We brought home 12 lbs of coffee last trip from the different countries on the cruise

Thank goodness we drove to the port so no worries about overweight luggage ;)

I hear ya! We'll be driving to the port this time around too! That's another reason we really want to make the most of it!

I got your e-mail and I am checking right now.

I will e-mail you in a few minutes,

Tom

Thanks Tom! I also sent a note to TomtheCruiser here on Cruise Critic thinking that was YOU. Oops! :eek::o

• 2 weeks later...
Any luck on getting coffee at the port?

Tom is checking for me, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm going to follow up early next week. If we're not able to make that work, I guess I'm out of luck on my favorite coffee. :confused: Boooooooo!

Tom is checking for me, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm going to follow up early next week. If we're not able to make that work, I guess I'm out of luck on my favorite coffee. :confused: Boooooooo!

I wonder if more people ask for it they may set up a stand near the port ;)

How much is a bag usually?

We will be there March so let me know if you find a way to get some

Thanks

lyn

I wonder if more people ask for it they may set up a stand near the port ;)

How much is a bag usually?

We will be there March so let me know if you find a way to get some

Thanks

lyn

Going from memory, I think a bag was $6-$7. :confused: I remember it being CHEAP! The place is so tiny (little family-run farm), and has been around forever, so I can't see them setting up a stand near the port if they haven't done it by now. Sure wish they would though!

Will report back on the final verdict, so perhaps you can obtain some easily during your March visit.

Going from memory, I think a bag was $6-$7. :confused: I remember it being CHEAP! The place is so tiny (little family-run farm), and has been around forever, so I can't see them setting up a stand near the port if they haven't done it by now. Sure wish they would though!

Will report back on the final verdict, so perhaps you can obtain some easily during your March visit.

Thanks for the info

Maybe they would have to pay a high fee to have a stand close to the port

too bad I think they would get a lot of business if they were closer

Lyn

Just a thought BUT.....Have you thought of posting something on Trip Advisor in Puerto Vallarta and San Sebastion forums asking any of the DE's or regular posters who live in either region and travel back and forth often....if they could pick you up some bags and you could arrange to meet somewhere in PV. I am sure paying their gas money over and beyond the coffee would be a lot cheaper then cabbing it

I know if I lived in those regions and was commuting back and forth I wouldn't have a problem doing this.

I haven't forgot you - I should have an answer soon - hopefully before the end of the year - we all got to enjoy the holidays. :D:D I am pretty sure that I can get you the coffee.

Tom

Great news! I contacted Superiour Tours Vallarta a couple of weeks ago (originally to find out if they could drive the 2 of us to San Sebastian, wait while we grabbed the coffee, then bring us back to port). Their pricing was consistent to that of a tour, so it was out of the question for us. I then contacted Vallarta Adventures at your suggestion but didn't hear anything back from them.

Then, this morning, the owner of Superior Tours contacted me and offered for her driver to pick me up as many bags as I'd like, and they'll hold them for me at their location in PV. So, when we arrive to PV January 13, the bags will be there waiting for me to pick up!

Just pleased that I'll get my coffee fix as my palate loves this coffee more than any other! Thanks Tom for agreeing to reachout to your contact again, but it looks like I'm squared away! :D

Just a thought BUT.....Have you thought of posting something on Trip Advisor in Puerto Vallarta and San Sebastion forums asking any of the DE's or regular posters who live in either region and travel back and forth often....if they could pick you up some bags and you could arrange to meet somewhere in PV. I am sure paying their gas money over and beyond the coffee would be a lot cheaper then cabbing it

I know if I lived in those regions and was commuting back and forth I wouldn't have a problem doing this.

If the current plan falls through in advance (for some reason), this is what I'll do. Thank you for the suggestion, as I hadn't thought of that even though I'm a regular TripAdvisor contributor!

Then, this morning, the owner of Superior Tours contacted me and offered for her driver to pick me up as many bags as I'd like, and they'll hold them for me at their location in PV. So, when we arrive to PV January 13, the bags will be there waiting for me to pick up!

Let us know how this works for you I may try it for March ;)

Thanks

lyn

• 1 month later...

Archived