Jewel Drydock Update

bluefintuna

We went to Boston today and saw the Jewel in drydock. They had sofas out on the balconies, clearly doing some sort of work to the cabins and crew were working on the balconies buffing the glass with hazmat suits on. Cranes were lifting boxes and containers onto the top deck by the pool and also taking stuff off with the cranes. We got very close, but there were guards at all the entrances. They were doing alot onboard as well as replacing bearings on the azipods.

We went to Boston today and saw the Jewel in drydock. They had sofas out on the balconies, clearly doing some sort of work to the cabins and crew were working on the balconies buffing the glass with hazmat suits on. Cranes were lifting boxes and containers onto the top deck by the pool and also taking stuff off with the cranes. We got very close, but there were guards at all the entrances. They were doing alot onboard as well as replacing bearings on the azipods.
. I have been following the Jewel since she left NY via the cam but she is in drydock. Hopefully she will not be held up in Boston to complete the other stuff you spoke of. Sailing 2/2/11 on the Jewel.

There is a note on the NCL website that the Jewel was delayed leaving dry dock, and won't arrive to NYC until Sunday, and won't sail until Monday.

Passenger's will get 1/7 of the fare back, and $100 OBC--sorry you're going to loose a day of your cruise Deb.:(

There is a note on the NCL website that the Jewel was delayed leaving dry dock, and won't arrive to NYC until Sunday, and won't sail until Monday.

Passenger's will get 1/7 of the fare back, and $100 OBC--sorry you're going to loose a day of your cruise Deb.:(

actually it is not arriving till Monday AM...and sailing at noon..

We are also loosing the stop at GSC..

Each of the staterooms is receiving some cleaning this drydock for various things. The hazardous suit may be to keep the crew warm or they're still laying the carpet. A lot of the garbage being off loaded is old carpet. Thanks for posting the pictures from your drydock trip. I made this same trip on Wednesday and have yet to post the pictures due to lack of time and resources to read the SD card on my camera. :cool:

I am soooooo excited! LOL

Can't sweat the small stuff. I feel sorry for those flying in from California and other states. I just hope they got the word. NCL will have to pay them for the x-tra

Ditto !!! ....6 days is better than none!!!;)

Funny thing is that the 1st and only time we did the Fl./Bahamas run the Dawn we got to the pier at 12 and the ship was nowhere to be seen. It arrived at 6pm, we got on board at 8pm, pulled out at 10pm. I NEVER GOT A CALL FROM NCL TELL ME NOT TO SHOW UP TOO EARLY. That was upsetting. Oh, they gave us free drinks that night. Whooopie.

We got to Florida late on Tuesday and now here we go again. Guess we're not meant to do this itinerary. lol

I agree with you Cinema, missing the private island is great. We just this morning said we would NOT venture over to GSC. Too bad we will miss the shuttle launch on Tues., otherwise this is fine for us.

I have lots of things I have to get done tomorrow so I will make the best of it. Mr.H. is going to go visit his mom in the hospital so this worked out great for us.

I pray they make it here Monday morning.

Funny thing is that the 1st and only time we did the Fl./Bahamas run the Dawn we got to the pier at 12 and the ship was nowhere to be seen. It arrived at 6pm, we got on board at 8pm, pulled out at 10pm. I NEVER GOT A CALL FROM NCL TELL ME NOT TO SHOW UP TOO EARLY. That was upsetting. Oh, they gave us free drinks that night. Whooopie.

We got to Florida late on Tuesday and now here we go again. Guess we're not meant to do this itinerary. lol

I agree with you Cinema, missing the private island is great. We just this morning said we would NOT venture over to GSC. Too bad we will miss the shuttle launch on Tues., otherwise this is fine for us.

I have lots of things I have to get done tomorrow so I will make the best of it. Mr.H. is going to go visit his mom in the hospital so this worked out great for us.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your comment, but there was not going to be a shuttle launch on Tues. The NASA info on the launch is as follows:

Date: Dec. 7 *

Mission: Commercial Orbital Transportation Services-1 (COTS-1)

Launch Vehicle: SpaceX Falcon 9

Launch Site: Launch Complex 40

Launch Window: 9:00 a.m. to 12:22 p.m. EST

Description: The first COTS test flight of the Falcon 9 rocket with the Dragon capsule atop will demonstrate key launch capabilities including on-orbit operation, entry, descent and splashdown of the capsule.

This is not a shuttle launch. It will still be unfortunate that we will miss the launch of this vehicle.

Didn't they say the shuttle wasn't going to be launched until sometime next year?

Archived