2 questions...

avp1234

Ok, maybe 3 questions :) We sailed the Solstice and loved it. We are planning another with Celebrity and are flexible on our dates. We are looking at the end of Feb. or first part of March. We are deciding between either the Solstice or Eclipse 7 day, or a 10 day on the Millenium or Equinox. A good deal on any would be great, of course. My questions are...Is there alot of difference in the Solstice and the Eclipse? I know they are the same class, and a different ship would be great, but are they pretty much the same? Also, I know the Millie is older. Will I see a big difference in the Solstice and the Millie being an older ship? We loved the indoor covered spa-like pool on the Solstice. I don't know much about the Millenium class. And finally, I see final payment is very close on most of these sailings, and the prices aren't the lowest I've seen, so would it be better to wait a couple of weeks and see if they drop after final payment to book? I know I'll be sick if I book now and one of these ships cut fares and I'm stuck. I've only sailed Celebrity once and we are hooked so I'm looking for opinions on others experiences. Thanks so much in advance.

You will notice big differences between the Millennium and Solstice/Eclipse. They are very different ships. Millennium was the first ship of the M Class, so she's the oldest. Just take a look at the deck plans of both ships and you'll see the obvious differences.

As for fares, who knows? If demand is high, the prices could go way up. If demand is low, they could fall. But there's no telling. You take your chance and book when you want.

Both class ships are great. There are many differences. I personally prefer the M class ships. I love the t-pool. Also, the older ships usually have more experienced staff. People with kids prefer the solstice class for all the new bells and whistles. Unless I am sailing with my kids, I like the ship with less kids. That's the m-class. Either way, you'll have a wonderful time. Relax and enjoy.

Solstice and Eclipse are almost identical. The major difference is that Solstice's Silk Harvest restaurant has been replaced by Qsine on Eclipse. Other than that, it's just differences in art, color schemes, decor, etc.

Archived