Need to change people/rooms

Dengail

We have 2 rooms (2 and 4 people) booked on the Dream...somehow my DH and I got split up on the reservations and put us in different rooms with our kids (even though my oldest son is 24). Now I know this is easily changeable but should we tell them when we ck in or just wait to board and then go to the Purser's desk? I don't want to delay our boarding, LOL! We sail Saturday...thanks.

We have 2 rooms (2 and 4 people) booked on the Dream...somehow my DH and I got split up on the reservations and put us in different rooms with our kids (even though my oldest son is 24). Now I know this is easily changeable but should we tell them when we ck in or just wait to board and then go to the Purser's desk? I don't want to delay our boarding, LOL! We sail Saturday...thanks.

They won't be able to do anything about it at check in so don't bother to even mention it. Just head to Guest Services as soon as you board...

Is one of those people in the cabin NOT your child?

If they are all your kids then I would call and have that changed immediatly as carnival allows your kids to be booked in a cabin either across the hall or next door.

IF the cabin is not across the hall or next door-- an adult needs to be booked in each cabin UNLESS someone is the age of 25 so your 24 year old does not qualify.

If they are all your kids then I would call and have that changed immediatly as carnival allows your kids to be booked in a cabin either across the hall or next door.

IF the cabin is not across the hall or next door-- an adult needs to be booked in each cabin UNLESS someone is the age of 25 so your 24 year old does not qualify.

Not always true. Depends on the age of the youngest child. Carnival changed the rules in the past year so children are now in 3 age groups. The oldest can be booked anywhere on the ship .. but OP did not mention the age of the younger child.

The youngest group, Carnival now says have to be booked with someone who is a 25 year old adult... even if they are yours.

It does seem a lot of TAs have not read the rules .. I dont have the break downs at my finger tips .. but there are 3 groups of children now. It could also be a TA who didnt read the rules who booked them this way .. safe rather than have a issue come up.

We have changed people from room to room due to there age requirements. Had to stick someone 25yr in the room with 11, 13, and 18 year old in order to book. At check in we had them change the rooms around so when we got on the ship we were ready to go with the right rooms and keys. Its Easy took 15 mins max for 12 people to change. Good Luck!

Serene .. here is the policy in writing .. if the child is under 12, he/she must be booked with a adult now .. thats been changed. Im guessing you are a TA so thought you would want to know.

Carnival has relaxed their minor age policy to allow for more flexibility when everyone is traveling on the same sailing.

Passenger Age

Policy Details

18- 20 years of age

Can book a cabin anywhere on the ship as long as the parents, grandparents or legal guardians are on same sailing. Everyone in that minor age cabin needs to be 18-20 years of age.

13 – 17 years of age

Can have their own cabin as long as it is located within 3 staterooms (this is the maximum number of staterooms allowed) from their parents, grandparents or legal guardian.

12 years and under

Must be booked in parents’ cabin, no exceptions.

Note:

It is mandatory that all minor age bookings be cross referenced with the parents’, grandparents’ or legal guardian’s booking.

Carnival will document all bookings on their side as well.

Why are you throwing junk at the walls. The cabins no longer have to be across the hall or even near each other unless one of the passengers is under 13.

How do you know that OP can switch it now. What if they are booked ES? Then they cannot switch until they get on the ship.

To OP: The easiest way to solve your situation is to go to Guest Services when you board and they will be happy to accommodate you.

We have to do this every cruise(switch rooms). Just go to the pursers desk after you board. It's usually quicker than trying to do it at check in.

Thank you, that's what we'll do.

Just wanted to know the easiest way to handle it. My DH and I won't be sleeping separately with our very responsible 24 yr. old in the cabin with our younger kids. Kids are all ours and the youngest is 5. Different deck. It was booked by a TA, he just said trade rooms when you get there, we've done it before, but never w/carnival. Wanted to get the keys right, as easily as possible. Thanks.

Serene .. here is the policy in writing .. if the child is under 12, he/she must be booked with a adult now .. thats been changed. Im guessing you are a TA so thought you would want to know.

Nope not a TA- but I was going back and forth on this policy with Carnival back in 2008 when my grand daughter could NOT be booked into the cabin with her own parents since neither one was 25 years old. (she was 18 months old) but read that people with young teens were able to book across the hall etc.

Spoke to a few people about this policy a few months ago and was told they have to be within a few cabins from the parents-- and a minor NOT their child must have the adult booked into the cabin.

Although the printed rules state -- I still hear that some agents will not book it without a parent.

Archived