Weather in January (E Carribean) - what to pack

slmwo

This is not my first cruise, but IS my first cruise in 13 years. I've always traveled in January and never remember being cold, or even the least bit cool, on my trips. We're headed to Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk in January. I've been looking at the weather reports/averages, and I'm just not sure what to pack and am a little unsure of my memory now. I don't want to overpack, so looking for some advice. Thanks!!! :D

Being from Canada, my definition of cold differs from others. I wore shorts in LA in Janaury a few years ago and noticed the locals in pants and jackets LOL. I've only done a couple Caribbean cruises in January so far and found them to be warm to hot all the time. I didn't find any chill on deck at night (again that doesn't mean someone else might not find it chilly with the sea breeze). The only time I wished I had pants on was on embarkation day in Jan 2008 in Ft Lauderdale. We flew down a day ahead and it was beautiful, sunny, hot. Next day going to the ship, it was about 30 degrees cooler, cloudy and light rain. Still warmer than Canada though LOL

Good point, Dan! :) Yes, I do remember being a little cool in Miami as we headed out, but it was certainly warmer than Virginia, so still welcome! Thanks for the info - sounds like my memory may not be failing afterall!

This is not my first cruise, but IS my first cruise in 13 years. I've always traveled in January and never remember being cold, or even the least bit cool, on my trips. We're headed to Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk in January. I've been looking at the weather reports/averages, and I'm just not sure what to pack and am a little unsure of my memory now. I don't want to overpack, so looking for some advice. Thanks!!! :D

The highs will likely be in the 70s and 80s. However, it really can vary. I was in Grand Turk this past January and because of a cool front it was quite chilly in the morning and well below the average.

My recommendation is to check the forecast about a week before you are ready to go to fine tune what you take with you.

Keith

Summery clothing is the order of the day....of course, you'll check the weather forecast 2 days out, just to be sure some far-reaching cold front hasn't set up shop!

It's too soon to start actually "packing"...get your things ready, check the weather forecast a couple days out, and adjust your wardrobe accordingly!

Archived