Restaurant near port

imanewcruiser

I'm looking for a restaurant near the port that services good local food. If it has a patio, even better. Does anyone know of one?? :)

For good local food visit Corita's Copper Kettle right in George town. Very small place but good local food. Breezes by the bay would offer Caribbean food over looking the harbor.

For good local food visit Corita's Copper Kettle right in George town. Very small place but good local food. Breezes by the bay would offer Caribbean food over looking the harbor.

I agree, Breezes by the Bay is good. Upstairs patio overlooking the bay was nice. The food was very good and the drinks were yummy :D!

Old Goal Cafe, local food, on the water and has a patio:

Info and menu for Old Goal:

http://www.caymangoodtaste.com/restaurants_detail.asp?restaurantID=187

Info and menus for Corita's Copper Kettle:

http://www.caymangoodtaste.com/restaurants_detail.asp?restaurantID=62

There are also local food options available at the craft market as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Any and all of these sound good! We too, will be going to Grand Cayman and will most likely be eating while in port, since I don't want to keep tendering back and forth. I'd rather spend my time in port :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just be wary of the prices in GC....we went Nov. 2010 and ate at Breezes. First, I would not recommend the nachos...the cheese was strange. Secondly, we each had a meal, I nachos and my husband jerk chicken and ribs and two drinks each.. our total $88US!!!! Thats an expensive lunch right there!!!

Out of the Port turn left, walk 100+ yeard to Rachman's (sp?:confused:) - outdoor seating, cold Cay-brew beer and great conch fritters. Nothing is cheap in GC! :(

Great place for a beer and conch fritters....we agree!! Also agree that nothing in GC in cheap, wow!

• 2 weeks later...
Great place for a beer and conch fritters....we agree!! Also agree that nothing in GC in cheap, wow!

I've been researching and I think the place you're referring to is spelled Rackam's. Can't wait to give it a go in a few weeks!!!

Archived