Specialty restaurant Eclipse

cruise4fam

If you had to choose 1 specialty restaurant on Eclipse what would it be and why? I know this is subjective just looking for some information from peolple who have tried them. We are only going to 1 specialty restaurant and just trying to get a feel for them and make a good choice for us.

Thanks in advance!! :)

Blu. Not sure if it counts because you have to be AC or Suites to dine there, but it delivered FAR over and above what everyone promised.

Hi, Blu doesn't count because of the reasons you just posted.

It is not a Specialty Restaurant but the dining room for Aqua Class

cabins.

There have been a couple other threads asking the same thing, so you should do a search.

I think however, it would depend on you... how many of there are you (romantic couple, family with kids, group, ages, etc)? Do you want formal or fun? Do you want a lot of food? Do you like to try new things, or play it safe?

Each restaurant has its strengths...

Yes, it's extra money, but if you can try to swing more than one, I think you would not regret it.

We loved Murano the best for the food and atmosphere (we frequent fine dining/Michelin starred restaurants). We thought Q-sine was fun and delicious, but better appreciated with more than just two people. T-Grill is a lot of food, and has the view, but it was not our fav only because we are both chefs, so the food was more ordinary to us (and my BF is Italian). I'm sure you will get many more to weigh in their votes here... and they all will be different!

Just depends what you want. If you want fancy,More formal than Murano's I suppose though not our favorite. If you want a very pleasant evening, wonderful water views, great wine an good food then Tuscan Grill would work. We haven't been to Qsine but it sounds like really fun filled, adventure in food and we will definitely try it on next cruise, but I gather from what others have said that you should be prepared to spend most if not all of your evening there and arrive hungry, very hungry!!!!:D. Hope that helps::)

Hello ..were booked in a aqua class room what was the fee for blu and other speciality dining areas

Hello, no fee to eat in Blu if you are in Aqua Class. It is "Your Dining Room". Suite Pax can eat there for 5.00 per person on a space

availiblity basis only.

The regular Specialty Restaurants:

Murano's 35.00 per person

Tuscan Grille 30.00

Qsine 30.00

We're just off Eclipse and our dinner at Q'sine was hands-down the culinary highlight of the trip.

We found the food and service to be very good, but I am certain the same could be said for Tuscan and Murano, but above that Q'sine is entertaining. For the extra charge we not only got an enormous and wonderful meal, but also a 3.5 hour experience that was fun and unique. We were a party of two, but being next to a table for four, all six of us got to see the full array of offerings.

We have both fine French food and steak houses near home, but Q'sine was special. You won't regret booking it. If you do go with Q'sine, book early and select an early dining time as you'll be there for hours.

Also just of Eclipse. Our main restaurant was Blu which we found excellent. We also ate in Qsine and Tuscan Grille. Qsine was definitely a worthwhile experience. Four of us ate together but I don't think we got the best out of this restaurant. We were so full after the first few dishes that I think we may have missed out on some of the better dishes. The food in the Tuscan Grille was also very good but went there on our last night and I think we were 'fooded out'. Go to any of the speciality restaurants as early in your trip as possible! Eclipse is a fabulous ship.

qsine looked really cool saw a video of it..cant wait to try it !..did you book before you sailed or when you got on ?

We booked about 2 weeks ahead of our cruise and most of the good times were already taken, however once we were on board we were able to adjust the reservation for an earlier time.

Thanks for all the great input. Just going to be my husband and my self on this trip. Seems alot of people like Qsine and sounds like a very fun experience. Wish it was a bigger group going with us since the experience would be better the more people you have for Qsine. Do people have problems if they don't make a reservation in advance getting into the speciality restaurant's? If you book online do you have to pay inadvance?

not sure if there are issues booking reservations after you board the ship, but I did book both Qsine and Tuscan Grill online just to make sure I wasn't out of luck once I boarded and got a time that I liked. Qsine is supposed to be a long experience thus I got an earlier seating time. But yes, you do have to pay in advance if you book online.

Archived