Live From the Legend 12-12-2010 Cruisee

zqvol

A quick update from the Legend.

We arrived at the Port of Tampa around 10:30 Sunday morning under partly cloudy skies. By the time we boarded around 11:30 the rain was coming down in buckets. It drizzled off and on until sail away. The winds were brisk often over 30 mph. Seas were smooth as we sailed down the bay but as we let the pilot off the winds and seas really hit the ship. We had a hard list and trays went sliding in the dining room. Thus began what has now been almost 48 hours of rocking and rolling.

Sunday night was one of the bounciest nights that I have ever spent on a cruise ships. The winds were over 50 knots, and seas were well over 18 feet. Monday afternoon it calmed down some but seas were still over 10 feet and the winds were still averaging 30 knots. It was smooth enough at dinner that we did not notice anything. Monday was a planned sea day but it was too cold to spend outside and the pools were empty because of the roll of the ship.

We arrived at Grand Cayman this morning and stayed long enough to complete a circle and head toward Roatan, as the seas were too rough to tender. As we sail along this afternoon seas are appx 8 – 10 feet out of the north along with a north wind of 25 knots. The adult pool has water in it and the upper decks are finally open but it is cloudy and the temperature is only in the mid 70’s.

Since we missed Grand Cayman we will arrive at Roatan in the morning at 8:00 instead of 11:00 giving us an extra 3 hours in port and we will stay in Cozumel Friday night until 10:00 p.m. instead of sailing at 5:00. We end up with the same amount of time in port as if we had stopped in Grand Cayman. Needless to say all Grand Cayman shore excursions were refunded and everyone received a refund of port taxes of $12.37.

The cruise directors staff is doing their best to keep things going but some of them could use some lessons in manners. The rest of the crew is doing an exceptional job.

More later. Feel free to ask questions and I will try to answer, though I may wait until we get home to do so.

We just got off as you were getting on! Sorry about all the bad weather! Brandon aka "Buttercup" got on my last nerve............ much too perky for me, lol. I had such a great timeon the Legend, it was my 10th on Carnival so I got to be Platinum for the first time! Are you doing Viktor Bodden in Roaton? I absolutely hated Mahogany Bay, the duty free shops were so expensive, it was a joke. I LOVE Carnival, but really did not like their "commercialized" Mahogany Bay. Have a wonderful time, and hope the weather gets better!

We also got off when you got on...and I am jealous as he**! I really didn't want to leave.

It is funny how perceptions can be different. I really like "ButterCup" and had a great conversation with him while getting ready to Groove for St. Jude. We even spent time with his ex-bf who was on the ship due to scheduling it before they broke up and even he couldn't say anything bad about him. :D

I also loved Roatan........We spent the day in Mahogany Bay with the kids and it was our least expensive day in port, yet we still had fun. I had tours booked in other places and it was nice to have a relaxing beach day. I do think anyone who bought a special chair, or the lift is kicking themselves after seeing to though. The only way I could see any value in the lift is if you were disabled. The walk is so nice and meandering.

Keep her in tip top shape, we will be back for sure!!!

Archived