Any recommendations from molecular/martini bar?

Z3RACERGIRL

I am fairly intrigued by both of these, sailing Eclipse Jan 8, tell me about some of their drinks... I am assuming martini bar does just that, and frankly, I don't know the difference between any of the 'tini's....is the molecular bar mostly for show? Any favorites? Did they break the bank?

Getting soooooo excited!!

I am fairly intrigued by both of these, sailing Eclipse Jan 8, tell me about some of their drinks... I am assuming martini bar does just that, and frankly, I don't know the difference between any of the 'tini's....is the molecular bar mostly for show? Any favorites? Did they break the bank?

Getting soooooo excited!!

Hi,:) are the drinks mostly for show? NOPE..they are delicious:D

(in my opinion anyway). The drinks in the Molecular Bar are special.

They are 12.00 each. Depending on your taste and what you like,

the bartender can give you an idea what each one tastes like.

Some are sweet, some are savory, etc. One of my favorites is

The Watermelon Felon:) and when you get to the bar you can take

a few minutes and read the menu. All the ingredients are listed

under every drink. So you know exactly what you are getting.

Enjoy:)

I had Coming Up Roses and it wasn't quite to my taste, personally. I loved the Lucky Cat and the Berry Patch best. I've got a few photos in my photo album.

This bar is AWESOME if you have a premium package- try everything and if you don't like it, no worries about wasting $12. And if you like it, drink up!

DSC03057.JPG

Guys, thanks. Watermelon felon, aye, Lois? Sounds fun! Dragonfly seems to be getting the most hype, good to know there is a detailed menu that explains what they have. I think I'll pass on the rose petals, though. :)

Can someone give me a quick rundown about the packages? How does that work? I don't really drink that much , but probably would like the satisfaction guaranteed aspect of it. I don't drink beer, coffee, or even soda hardly, so I would only want something good for wine and cocktails.

Guys, thanks. Watermelon felon, aye, Lois? Sounds fun! Dragonfly seems to be getting the most hype, good to know there is a detailed menu that explains what they have. I think I'll pass on the rose petals, though. :)

Can someone give me a quick rundown about the packages? How does that work? I don't really drink that much , but probably would like the satisfaction guaranteed aspect of it. I don't drink beer, coffee, or even soda hardly, so I would only want something good for wine and cocktails.

There's nothing good for only wine and cocktails- if you want one that covers that, it covers everything. I had the Premium package which means I could have anything on the ship that was $12 or less a serving. It was great- I could drink bottled water all day long along with whatever alcoholic beverage of choice I had. The Classic package only goes up to $8 a serving (except beer) so it is not usable at the Molecular Bar. If you want a package to be used there, it needs to be the Premium package.

Frankly, it's pretty easy to reach $49 a day with Molecular Bar drinks at $12 a drink!

Here's the menu:

DSC03194.JPG

There's nothing good for only wine and cocktails- if you want one that covers that, it covers everything. I had the Premium package.

Frankly, it's pretty easy to reach $49 a day with Molecular Bar drinks at $12 a drink!

Here's the menu:

DSC03194.JPG

Is that about what it comes to, 49 x 7?

I'm not ashamed to admit that we tried everything on the molecular bar menu during our week on Eclipse in November. The Autumn Breeze was my favorite -- very autumny pumpkiny. DH enjoyed the South of the Rio best of all. I believe Thomas, our bartender in November, will still be onboard for your sailing in January. He was a delight to spend every evening with, and is truly passionate about his art and is willing to demonstrate and explain everything.

There should be a 'molecular mixology' class one evening where they'll create a palate of drinks. This was a lot of fun too.

If you do encounter Thomas, please send him all the best from Nick and Aileen from Chicago.

I'm not ashamed to admit that we tried everything on the molecular bar menu during our week on Eclipse in November. The Autumn Breeze was my favorite -- very autumny pumpkiny. DH enjoyed the South of the Rio best of all. I believe Thomas, our bartender in November, will still be onboard for your sailing in January. He was a delight to spend every evening with, and is truly passionate about his art and is willing to demonstrate and explain everything.

There should be a 'molecular mixology' class one evening where they'll create a palate of drinks. This was a lot of fun too.

If you do encounter Thomas, please send him all the best from Nick and Aileen from Chicago.

Sad to say that Thomas was going back to London when our Ship pulled in December 18th. He got a land based job. He said he had a great time on board, but was looking forward to going home.

We really enjoyed him. He even gave my husband a rose to give me (one that I didn't eat, but could've) because it was our Anniversary.

The Coming up Roses was really good! DH said the Ginger Mojito was the best Mojito he ever had.

Archived