Hotel in Sydney

chloe kitty

Maybe you can help.We just booked the Park Hyatt Sydney for Feb 2012.They are only taking resevations from Feb 01 2012.Hope we didnt make a mistake cause we really do not know when the officeal opening of the hotel is.Are there any ads on the tv or local newspapers when the hotel might open?

Thanks

It's been pushed back a bit as it was originally targeting around now to re-open.

However, I understand the February date is conservative and they'll be open before that, but they're only allowing the safest dates in February to be booked now, before allowing earlier reservations when they are more certain.

Haven't seen any local advertising as yet though.

Maybe you can help.We just booked the Park Hyatt Sydney for Feb 2012.They are only taking resevations from Feb 01 2012.Hope we didnt make a mistake cause we really do not know when the officeal opening of the hotel is.Are there any ads on the tv or local newspapers when the hotel might open?

Thanks

I have been following reports on this hoping for a stay there early in New Year to celebrate an anniversary. Nothing in regular press so far but all the trade papers are reporting from a recent press release based on a late 2011 opening. More relevant - Hyatt are advertsing on Seek (a big on line job ad site) for staff from beauticians to bar staff - 11 ads some clearly seeking multiple staff for training before re opening. Closing date 14 October - no indication of start date.

Hope this gives you more confidence!

Colleen

I have been following reports on this hoping for a stay there early in New Year to celebrate an anniversary. Nothing in regular press so far but all the trade papers are reporting from a recent press release based on a late 2011 opening. More relevant - Hyatt are advertsing on Seek (a big on line job ad site) for staff from beauticians to bar staff - 11 ads some clearly seeking multiple staff for training before re opening. Closing date 14 October - no indication of start date.

Hope this gives you more confidence!

Colleen

Thanks Colleen it does seem there on track. Please keep me informed.

Thanks

I'm not sure this will help anyone but thought I'd share. We booked our Sydney stay for next April (2 nights pre-cruise) through Hotwire recently. The site was showing a 5 star in the Rocks area for $190/night - after extensive research we thought we had it narrowed down to probably the Marriott, ShangriLa, or the Intercontinental with a couple of other possibilities. It was actually Sir Stamford which really surprised us since it wasn't showing on the know your hotel portion of Hotwire or as a Hotwire win on any of the research sites.

At first I was slightly disappointed but I think it may have been because we were so shocked at receiving a hotel that hadn't shown up anywhere as a possibility. After reading reviews, it looks like a great hotel in a great location.

My family and I have hotel reservations at the Intercontinental for our pre-cruise stay in Sydney next month. We were also looking into perhaps staying at the Four Seasons. What are the pros and cons for either hotel? Thank you in advance for your assistance/reply.

Of the two the Four Seasons may have a slightly better location closer to Circular Quay and the Rocks (can actually be said to be at both) and view but the intercontinental is closer to the Botanical Gardens (lovely park) and a short walk down hill to he Opera House as sell as not far from the Ferries.

Of the two the Four Seasons may have a slightly better location closer to Circular Quay and the Rocks (can actually be said to be at both) and view but the intercontinental is closer to the Botanical Gardens (lovely park) and a short walk down hill to he Opera House as sell as not far from the Ferries.

Thank you so much for your reply, Moyaroo. It sounds like we're OK with our current hotel reservation then.

Hi, we're cruising in December and were thinking about what hotel to book. The cruise line offers us 2 hotels (Shangri-La & Sheraton on the Park) but at least through the cruise line they seem quite expensive.

We were wondering if booking those hotels but directly with the hotel which works out cheaper and in that case would like to know if the cruise terminal is far away, if transport would be very expensive.

Or which other hotels do you recommend which are well communicated for tourism and cruising.

Thanks

Hi, we're cruising in December and were thinking about what hotel to book. The cruise line offers us 2 hotels (Shangri-La & Sheraton on the Park) but at least through the cruise line they seem quite expensive.

We were wondering if booking those hotels but directly with the hotel which works out cheaper and in that case would like to know if the cruise terminal is far away, if transport would be very expensive.

Or which other hotels do you recommend which are well communicated for tourism and cruising.

Thanks

You can usually do much better than the cruise lines' offerings when booking hotels, even accounting for the cost of transportation...

When we cruise on Century in December, we've booked the Holiday Inn Old Sydney--largely because it is literally across the street from where our ship will be docked...

The Shangri La is about four or five blocks from the docks, the Sheraton about 10 to 12 blocks away...so, with luggage, you'd likely need a taxi from either of those...

I know, the cruise line offers for example the Shangri-La (the most expensive one) for €848 2 nights when on the hotels website it's half the price even if we have to go hotel-cruise in a taxi or other way of transport.

Archived