Why aren't prices showing for cruises??

A couple of the cruises I've been looking at for late Jan(very late Jan) aren't showing ANY pricing choices (N/A) is all I get. Anyone else or just me and the particular cruise I'm looking at. I've not looked at any others really. Just keep thinking it's going to show up soon?

A thought just occurred that it could have sold out but I find that pretty unlikely. Mega availability one night and no prices the next.

Thanks!

It's Saturday night.

RC always does website maintenance on Saturday night.

Relax and try tomorrow.

(P.S., this thread appears EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT)

:D

It's been this way the last 4 days for me. I chalked it up to website "maintenance" as well. Thought 4 days was a bit excessive. I'm far from a old time vet here but have lurked long before I joined. I've spent a fair amount of time here (admittedly far less than most here) and I've never seen this thread/topic here, ever.

LOS, 1-30-11 out of Miami mainly.

I can't speak specifically to THAT cruise, but LoS has been oversold in January due to drydock for a LONG time now. When they cut out that week, it caused the other weeks to fill up. Call them in the morning, but I bet that is it.

I've been checking on my cruise (LOS, 1/9) since the beginning of the week online, and have called Royal several times, just to see if anything has opened up (JS). All of the reps I spoke to told me that all of the sailings for the Liberty in January are sold out!! They are not showing as available on Royal, or any other travel/cruise website since Monday at least.

I've been checking on my cruise (LOS, 1/9) since the beginning of the week online, and have called Royal several times, just to see if anything has opened up (JS). All of the reps I spoke to told me that all of the sailings for the Liberty in January are sold out!! They are not showing as available on Royal, or any other travel/cruise website since Monday at least.

The last day I checked and put a balcony on hold there was availability out the caboose! I about upgraded to a JS because so many were avail. Looked to me like the were getting desperate to sell rooms the way the prices were moving (down). Can't imagine selling all those out overnight.

The common reasons for this are usually, the sailing has sold out, the ship has been chartered, or it is going in for maintenance (drydocking). Liberty is due for a drydocking in Jan. to install a bunch of upgrades. Good luck!

The common reasons for this are usually, the sailing has sold out, the ship has been chartered, or it is going in for maintenance (drydocking). Liberty is due for a drydocking in Jan. to install a bunch of upgrades. Good luck!

Dry docking is the only thing that makes "some" sense to me. Plenty of availability the night before when I put my 24 hour hold on (glad I didn't pay up at the time). Hard to fathom a sell out over night. Looks like some other Liberty cruises are showing N/A too now.

That would really be annoying if you were all set to go. What do they do with all the people already booked? Refund their money and say "sorry, you're out of luck, we're not sailing on your date"?!

Not one reply? Maybe everyone knows the answer/s like their ABC's around here but I certainly don't. Is this whole thread (let alone the last question)..

(Dry docking is the only thing that makes "some" sense to me. Plenty of availability the night before when I put my 24 hour hold on (glad I didn't pay up at the time). Hard to fathom a sell out over night. Looks like some other Liberty cruises are showing N/A too now.

That would really be annoying if you were all set to go. What do they do with all the people already booked? Refund their money and say "sorry, you're out of luck, we're not sailing on your date"?!

that boring, lame, or common knowledge????

Usually pretty active here, I'm confused. Sorry if my query/s are beneath the regulars here.

Not one reply? Maybe everyone knows the answer/s like their ABC's around here but I certainly don't. Is this whole thread (let alone the last question)..

(Dry docking is the only thing that makes "some" sense to me. Plenty of availability the night before when I put my 24 hour hold on (glad I didn't pay up at the time). Hard to fathom a sell out over night. Looks like some other Liberty cruises are showing N/A too now.

that boring, lame, or common knowledge????

Usually pretty active here, I'm confused. Sorry if my query/s are beneath the regulars here.

Hi! It's not a common thing for a ship to be chartered on short notice but it can happen. Any one already booked for an itinerary that becomes chartered and you are not in the charter group will either be refunded or booked for a future date. As far as dry docking/maintenance, that is usually scheduled in advance and the cruise line will alter it's schedule if needed to accomodate a dry docking/maintinance date change. s

Selling out overnight is also a rare possibility, I cannot speak for how RCI books reservations but taking into account bookings through their website, bookings from travel agencies (especially group bookings) could cause a sellout overnight. The only way to really tell what is going on would be to call RCI and ask. :D

I really don't think answering your question is beneath anyone; drydock, charter, or sold out are the only reasons I can think of as well.

All the January sailings are showing NA right now. As Eng23 stated you really need to call RCI and ask.

Archived