stupid question

LimeNoSalt

Hi!

From what I have read people use them for their toiletries (hanging on the back of the bathroom door) so that the counter doesn't get cluttered, and the room steward has an easier time cleaning. I think it also helps in finding what they need faster as well, since it is neatly put away.

Hope this helps :)

I bought one for our last cruise and used it for everything. Our sunglasses, sunscreen, medications, shower items, toothpase & toothbrushes, hairbrushes, etc. Even for sandals.

I loved it so much that when I came home, I hung it up on my private bathroom door. It works well when you have a lack of space. (I have an older bathroom with no vanity, just a sink)

The ships we've been on all have ample shelf room for toiletries, meds, beauty products, shaver. Typically 3 in the bathroom (about 12"x6") and 2-3 in the cabin, plus shelves in the closet. Then there's all the room on the desk/vanity in the cabin where one normally finds the hair dryer.

On the other hand the door to the bathroom is adequate, but not wide. You will brush against anything hanging there - and there is a hook there for a robe, or whatever you wish to hang there. Sometimes we will leave swimsuits hanging, and I am constantly brushing against the suit entering and leaving.

We've learned to utilize with the shelving available and don't need to bring extras for organization.

As a first time cruiser, don't overpack and don't worry about lack of shelf space. If you find your personal organization style needs extras, there's always next cruise - once you've experienced cruise cabin living.

I purchased my small, clear shoe organizer at Target for a small price.

It was incredibly handy for our family of 4. I did not purchase one to use on the previous cruises without the kids, but would bring it again even without them.

It was great for holding things compartmentally that were used frequently, including room keys/S&S cards, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc. Each person had a few compartments of their own. No forgetting where they set things down in the room. We hung ours on the back of the bathroom door so it was accessible in the cabin when someone was in the bathroom.

I really don't like the cluttered countertops. We usually have a cooler on the counter and plenty of other stuff to use the space, and it can be a pain to put things away in a drawer so that you can take them out again right away.

You can absolutely cruise without one. There is plenty of space, but if you prefer things neater or are traveling with a family, space is at a premium and I highly recommend using a shoe organizer on the bathroom door.

Enjoy your cruise. Don't overpack (it stinks when you have to pack again on the last night and it's worse when you are packing things that you never used.

TTFN

I agree with a previous poster that there is certainly sufficient space in the bathrooms and cabins for all of our stuff. I do however prefer to use a shoe hanger. I keep toothpast/brushes and mouthwash in the bathroom. Shampoo & Conditioner in the shower. Everything else - moisturizer, deodarant, cologne, medications, sewing kit, etc. all goes in my shoe holder. I buy travel size or small sizes and I find it is easy to pack everything in the shoe organizer, zip up the pockets and pop it either in or out of the suitcase. I don't like clutter, and can, at times, be a little lazy (especially while on vacation). Having this organizer is the easiest way for me to keep the cabin neat & tidy, without a lot of fuss. (It's also easier for our cabin steward as he doesn't have to remove oodles of stuff from the bathroom and vanity area in the cabin to clean).

I bought them at the DOLLARTREE. They are specifically for bathroom items, not shoes. Our first cruise is in June, so I haven't tried them yet. If they keep us oranized and save time, I will be thrilled since I want to be up and going as much and as quickly as possible!

I bought one before our last cruise after reading about it on the CC board. It really helps to get things organized. Now I hang it on our motorhome. Very handy. I hung it over the closet door when we were on the Elation, not the bathroom door.

Archived