Noordam

Wilbo

Does anyone know drydock is scheduled for sure or just hearsay? We were on her last summer and will be again this summer. The cabins could use new carpets!

The last report I have is this (Have received no new updates in months, so please take this at face value only):

• Ryndam: Feb. 9-Feb. 25, 2010, first phase; Spring 2013, second phase

3-day Caribbean roundtrip from Tampa, Feb. 25, 2010;

TBD, second phase

• Statendam: Mar. 26-Apr. 11, 2010, first phase; Dec. 2012, second phase

First Cruise: 14-day Southern Caribbean round trip from

Fort Lauderdale, Apr. 11, 2010; TBD, second phase

• Maasdam: Apr. 4-Apr. 24, 2011; Fall 2013, second phase

First Cruise: 13-day Canada/New England from

Fort Lauderdale to New York, Apr. 24, 2011, first phase; TBD, second phase

Joanie

I believe I read that the Noordam had an `early` drydock a few months ago due to a schedule disruption. It was to be used to house athletes for the World Games or something along those lines but didn`t take place so they did the early drydock.

It was supposed to be on a charter to the World Cup for a German travel agency for almost two months, along with Westerdam. Demand wasn't high enough, so Noordam was canceled (W'Dam still went). Instead, Noordam did a drydock, then a series of European cruise charters for the German company.

Per the Captain when we were on in Aug and Sept, the only below water items done had to do with the azipods. Noordam still needs this upcoming drydock. I believe it starts Jan 17, then comes back into service with the two charters.

It is a routine drydock, nothing truly new (new resturants or major structures like that) are being done. Paint, carpet, bed, furnishings etc might be done.

It was supposed to be on a charter to the World Cup for a German travel agency for almost two months, along with Westerdam. Demand wasn't high enough, so Noordam was canceled (W'Dam still went). Instead, Noordam did a drydock, then a series of European cruise charters for the German company.

Per the Captain when we were on in Aug and Sept, the only below water items done had to do with the azipods. Noordam still needs this upcoming drydock. I believe it starts Jan 17, then comes back into service with the two charters.

The January dry dock has been replaced by a 10-day cruise due to most of the scheduled work taking place in the 6 weeks or so that Noordam was supposed to go to South Africa.

However they only did one cruise after wards for the German company that that was from Germany, where the dry dock took place, down to Barcelona when she resumed normal cruising for HAL. Also Westerdam's time in South Africa was canceled but she did the cruise there and back for the German company and ended up anchored of Namibia for the time they were not required.

Archived