Guarantee Booking

Sailor Gal

They do sometimes change. I did a guarantee with Celebrity's sister line, RCI and my initial assignment did change - fortunately it was an upgrade from an interior to a balcony! Chances are you will keep the room you were initially assigned, but it is not a sure thing. Fortunately most of the time when it does change it is an upgrade.

I had the same question about getting reassigned. I booked a 2C guarantee Monday night and last night (Tuesday) I had an assignment of a 1A hump balcony (7241). It seems a little too good to be true. I was wondering how the baggage tags worked as well, I have not cruised since having kids and they were mailed to me the last time. So I should not print them yet? I have not even checked in yet, but I was planning to today...

Of course, on the other hand, a few reviews have said this room location, 2 Floors above Bistro on 5 and the adjacent smoking section, can be either loud or have a noticeable smoke issue. So, I was considering calling to see if I can be reassigned to the starboard side. But, it seems like that is just looking for trouble to me.

I had the same question about getting reassigned. I booked a 2C guarantee Monday night and last night (Tuesday) I had an assignment of a 1A hump balcony (7241). It seems a little too good to be true. I was wondering how the baggage tags worked as well, I have not cruised since having kids and they were mailed to me the last time. So I should not print them yet? I have not even checked in yet, but I was planning to today...

Of course, on the other hand, a few reviews have said this room location, 2 Floors above Bistro on 5 and the adjacent smoking section, can be either loud or have a noticeable smoke issue. So, I was considering calling to see if I can be reassigned to the starboard side. But, it seems like that is just looking for trouble to me.

From my experience as long as you stay in the exact same category, you should be able to move your cabin. You can check before you call and see what is open if any.

You have to request the tags be mailed to you.

When is your cruise? You should be able to do this on the Celebrity site unless it is too late.

Happy cruising.

I booked a 2C GTY and was assigned a cabin. That cabin then changed 3 times. I am now in a 2A midship. Each time it was posted on my profile. I sail ina few weeks. It may stay the same or it may change. I saved alot of money booking GTY so who cares if the cabin changes. If you book ahotel room, you never know where you are until you check in. Relax, it will be okay.

I booked a 2C GTY and was assigned a cabin. That cabin then changed 3 times. I am now in a 2A midship. Each time it was posted on my profile. I sail ina few weeks. It may stay the same or it may change. I saved alot of money booking GTY so who cares if the cabin changes. If you book ahotel room, you never know where you are until you check in. Relax, it will be okay.

Just out of curiosity did it get better/worse or about the same? I sail 1/16 -- are you sooner or later than that if you do not mind me asking? I too saved a bundle booking guarantee, and went into knowing I could get an obstructed view, but now that I have been assigned so much better, I won't lie, a little part of me would be bummed to be bumped back down. But, you get what you pay for I know;) Any room on the ship has to be better than the Blizzard we just had in Mass:) The weather just better not interfere with my travel to the ship!

Happy Sailing!

One poster said you have to request luggage tags. How do you do that? I've always had them automatically mailed to me in advance.

For us when we completed our online registration to print out the set sail pass, there were two places on our reservation information pages on X's website where you could request luggage tags be mailed to you. You simply clicked on either of request button and provided the mailing information.

I decided I had nothing to lose, and called about changing my guarantee assignment. The worst they could do was say no, and I still would have a good assignment to fall back on. I got lucky and switched from a 1A on the port side of the 7th floor midship (which I had read was directly above, and sometimes affected by the designated smoking area 2 floors straight down) to another 1A on the 8th floor, but starboard side, and still midship. The person I spoke to said this close to saildate (16 days) my assignment would not change. We will see if that holds true, I have sometimes found the phone staff to be incorrect with the info they give out. I was told once you are assigned a room, you are able to switch within the assigned category if there is availability. Meant to ask if you could switch to a lower category if available, but they had mine and I was so happy I forgot. I checked yesterday, there were no 1As available, this morning 2 popped up and I got the one I wanted. So if you get an assignment you are not 100% sure of, it is worth a call to try to have it changed. :)

We booked a Gty Concierge on Century and were assigned (according to the Celebrity Site) a C2 cabin. The day before we sailed, my TA contacted me to say we were upgraded to a Sky Suite!!!Whooopppeeee!

I was Select and my sister was a "newbie" to Celebrity. No rhyme or reason to the upgrade, so I'm told.

I'd keep checking, I booked Jan 16 solstice Monday and got my assignment Tuesday. I booked 2C, not sure if that makes a difference. You might get a good room though b/c when I inquired about changing my assignment there was not much to choose from, and all the options were good, meaning up from 2C, I ended up in 1A. I am not Select or Elite, so I do not know how I got bumped, luck of the draw I guess. But I never have any luck with much of anything;) I am nervous they'll take the upgrade back...but I worry about everything - usually needlessly:)

Archived