Rental Cars Near Port of Brooklyn

Desert Cruisers

Nothing in Red Hook - it's _possible_ that Enterprise car rental could pick you up, otherwise you would need transport to the rental places. Most of them seem to be near the airport.

I just did a quick search, and Enterprise has a 'downtown Brooklyn' location, about 2 miles from the pier.

I would suggest searching / asking in the North American Home Ports / East Coast Departures forum in addition to this forum

Short taxi or car service ride to Avis location at 211 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY. We have used them for dropping off a car when driving from Washington D.C. to Brooklyn for an eastbound Transatlantic voyage on the QM2. Very convenient.

Short taxi or car service ride to Avis location at 211 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY. We have used them for dropping off a car when driving from Washington D.C. to Brooklyn for an eastbound Transatlantic voyage on the QM2. Very convenient.

I have tried at least for times to rent a car from the Atlantic Ave. Avis with no success. They will rent cars but no drop offs at other locations. I usually take a 20 minute or so drive to Manhattan to secure a car with a different drop off location.

A couple years back I rented a one way from Hertz.

The have a location on Morton st in lower Manhattan ,it's about a 15 minute ride from the pier.

At that time they reinbursed a portion of the cab fare, don't know if they are still doing that.

Archived