Smuggling-here we go again!

Mrs. Ram

Clean1owner,

It really has nothing to do with the cost. We order a wine package and get drinks on the ship. We just like a bloody mary or 2 on the balcony and we like to take on some supplies for that. I'm not sure if we can order bloody mary's with room service. Anyone know? Thanks--

Is the booze on board so expensive now that people have to go to such great extremes to smuggle in their own?

Yes.

And also, they don't have much selection.

But seriously, it is waaaaay overpriced. It cost $10 per class to get poor/mediocre glass of wine.

They have one of my favorite bottles of white on the menu in the dining room. The bottle cost $20 at Total Wine...RCCL charges $67 for the bottle.

We swear by rum runners...great product!!

I have had friends who have managed to pass things through security via soda and water bottles.

What kills me is that I can't ever get through with something as harmless as black iced coffee in a sippy bottle! Even if it is tucked away in my carry on, it gets confiscated!

I've since learned my lesson and dump it before boarding and just refill it when I get on board.

used rum runner three years in a row out of San Juan. Each time put them inside shoes and then put the shoes in zip lock bags (which I do anyway to avoid dirty shoes on clothes)

Also have brought on water and soda each time. Normally pack 4-6 diet dr pepper in large suitcase from home (since you can't find it in San Juan) then once there, buy a 6 pack of water and a 6 pack of pepsi and put in duffle bag with luggage tag. Never had a problem.

I also have many of the little airline bottles that I refill and stick in with cosmetics, shampoo, etc. I put some in all different places. Figured if I get called to the naughty room I would pull out all the small bottles and throw away and not reveal the rum runners.

i have had luck 100%of the time by doing the following: buy a 6 pack of "Propel water" they are tall 16 oz plastic bottles. Simply take them out of the ringer, empty them and pour your favorite CLEAR booze back into them, then re-ring them in the plastic ringers and pack them away as a 6 pack of water---looks and works GREAT! by the way, all 6 of these bottles holds exactly a 1.75 ltr of vodka, etc...that is the big half gallon size!!! should work well on my upcoming 5 days on navigator!

Ok, so I know that I have read some threads about stricter policies regarding smuggling alcohol but I looked back several pages and couldn't find much info. Let me say that I will not be smuggling because it is not worth the trouble, IMHO. We are, however, going with a large group of family and my brother is insisting that he will be finding a clever way to smuggle some alcohol. So my question is, are they very strict on FOS regarding taking alcohol onboard? Also, I know that some lines allow you to carry a 12-pack of sodas on. Does RCI allow this?! Please, do not flame me:o! I have tried telling my brother that he could be denied boarding if he gets caught trying to smuggle a ton of alcohol. I am hoping he will take my advice and not be obnoxious about it. By obnoxious, I mean not trying to take a ton with him... Thanks for any info that will be helpful!!

Please let us know what happened, and if you enjoyed your cruise.

Archived