All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done the Chef's Table on The Pride and know where it is held? On the Fantasy it was in the Library and it was awesome! However, when it was held on the Dream in the kitchen area it was absolutely too hot and loud. We were barely able to converse with ppl across from us much less hear the chef's description of the dishes. By the time the meal was over I was almost queasy from the heat. Would love to do it again, just not in the kitchen! :(

Has anyone done the Chef's Table on The Pride and know where it is held? On the Fantasy it was in the Library and it was awesome! However, when it was held on the Dream in the kitchen area it was absolutely too hot and loud. We were barely able to converse with ppl across from us much less hear the chef's description of the dishes. By the time the meal was over I was almost queasy from the heat. Would love to do it again, just not in the kitchen! :(

I have seen it reported in the past that it's held in Beauties, the Dance Club on Pride. But I don't know if that's where it is still being held.

My first two cruises (out of FLL & PR) my husband & I flew in a day before. This time, on the Pride, It is just me and my 9 yo grandson. We are flying in the morning of. Taking this risk because of the short flight from Hartford, plus the fact that there are 3 later flights on SWA that will get us to Baltimore before 2.

In any case, we will arrive @ BWI at 7:30 am, and I have a couple of questions for those of you familiar with the area & port.

1. I was thinking after we land, we would get our luggage, have a nice breakfast at the airport and then take a cab to the port @ 9 or 10. What is the earliest we can drop off luggage at the port? Is there anything to see within walking distance before it is time to board?

2. Is a cab the best way to get from BWI to the port? How much should I expect to pay?

3. Staying one night post cruise @ Homewood Suites in Linthicum. Would there be a big price difference between taking a cab from the port to the hotel Vs. taking a cab from the port to BWI and using the Hotel’s free shuttle?

Edited by jma624

My first two cruises (out of FLL & PR) my husband & I flew in a day before. This time, on the Pride, It is just me and my 9 yo grandson. We are flying in the morning of. Taking this risk because of the short flight from Hartford, plus the fact that there are 3 later flights on SWA that will get us to Baltimore before 2.

In any case, we will arrive @ BWI at 7:30 am, and I have a couple of questions for those of you familiar with the area & port.

1. I was thinking after we land, we would get our luggage, have a nice breakfast at the airport and then take a cab to the port @ 9 or 10. What is the earliest we can drop off luggage at the port? Is there anything to see within walking distance before it is time to board?

2. Is a cab the best way to get from BWI to the port? How much should I expect to pay?

3. Staying one night post cruise @ Homewood Suites in Linthicum. Would there be a big price difference between taking a cab from the port to the hotel Vs. taking a cab from the port to BWI and using the Hotel’s free shuttle?

The terminal is usually open by 9am for drop-offs. The parking lot usually opens around 10:30 - 11:00 AM for parking.

A cab from BWI will cost about $30 + tip. You may be able to get a better rate from one of the shuttle services. http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/BWIAirportShuttleBaltimore.aspx

Bring a book or something to do. There is nowhere to walk and nothing to see in the area of the port.

Unless you enjoy watching forklifts there isn't much to see.....its an industrial area where the port is.

I wouldn't plan on arriving till 11 to 12

Unless you enjoy watching forklifts there isn't much to see.....its an industrial area where the port is.

I wouldn't plan on arriving till 11 to 12

Thanks. I am not normally one who has to be first on the ship, I just want to figure out what to do from the time we land (7:30 am) till 11 or 12.

Thanks. I am not normally one who has to be first on the ship, I just want to figure out what to do from the time we land (7:30 am) till 11 or 12.

My husband and I are also normally there at the port crazy early. Last year we were able to drop off our luggage around 9 but they didn't open up the cruise terminal to check people in until about 9:30. We weren't on the boat till 11:30 or so (and we had FttF).

There is nothing walkable from the port (and the building itself is pretty bland) so if you aren't a "got to get on the ship ASAP" person I'd find another way to entertain yourselves for a bit. You could also look at taking the light rail to the inner harbor and taking a taxi from there.

Edited by MarylandCruiser123

A couple of questions for you Pride "pros"...

What time is the Circle C meet & greet on night 1 usually?

What is the minimum age to do the Behind the Fun tour by yourself (my 14 yr old wants to go)?

Are the cabin walls and/or doors magnetic?

I've read to bring bungee cords to hold open a balcony door, as well as a magnet to cover the "sensor". Anyone got pictures to show exactly how to do this?

Thanks in advance...

A couple of questions for you Pride "pros"...

What time is the Circle C meet & greet on night 1 usually?

What is the minimum age to do the Behind the Fun tour by yourself (my 14 yr old wants to go)?

Are the cabin walls and/or doors magnetic?

I've read to bring bungee cords to hold open a balcony door, as well as a magnet to cover the "sensor". Anyone got pictures to show exactly how to do this?

Thanks in advance...

According to my Sunday, August 12th, 2012 FunTimes:

Camp Carnival Orientation: Taj Mahal, 5:15PM

Circle C Orientation: Taj Mahal, 5:15PM

Club O2 Taj Mahal, 5:15PM

But the only kids' program having a Meet & Greet listed is:

Club O2 Meet: Club O2, 9:00PM

Of course, this info is 2 years old, so may not do you any good.:o

Behind The Fun Tour: Minimum age for tour is 8. Any guest under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

Just pulled out a more recent Embarkation Day FunTimes -Sunday, February 10th.

On that cruise, Camp Carnival, Circle C, and Club 02 Orientations were still all held at 5:15PM, but they met in Butterflies instead of Taj Mahal. Still, the only kids' "Meet" listed that night is Club 02 at 9:00pm.

1. Be aware that most of the restaurants at BWI are inside the security area, so you wouldn't be able to retrieve your bags and go to those particular restaurants. There are a few outside of security, in the main terminal area between concourse B and D.

http://www.bwiairport.com/files/pdfs/bwi_maps/TMG_2011.pdf

2. According to Taxi Fare Finder you should be able to get a cab from BWI to the cruise terminal for a flat $30.

3. The same site estimates the fare from the cruise terminal to the Homewood Suites (1181 Winterson Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090) at $22.40

I just got off of the Pride 2 weeks ago and we had to wait till after 12:30 to begin boarding as Platinum. There seems to be delays out of Baltimore for some reason so I would be in no hurry to rush as we sat for an hour just waiting. I am leaving on the Pride again next week . We drive and will leave a bit later. I would rather get there a little later and board I immediately then have to sit and wait around in the terminal.

Just my 2 cents...

Can I make reservation for the Captain's table prior to sailing or do I have to wait until I board on 9/28?

Thanks

As far as I know you only dine with the Captain by invitation only.

Josh (Big Sexy) also has a social media page (not sure if I am allowed to mention name here) if you have an account you can join up with him. He has a very nice photo of his crew on there from when he got back on board the Pride.

Can I make reservation for the Captain's table prior to sailing or do I have to wait until I board on 9/28?

Thanks

Did you mean the Chef's Table. If so, yes - you can put in your names for a place at the Chef's Table prior to sailing. We have done this by emailing Event Planning. Received the following response.

Thank you for your email.

For Event Planning Request: Please allow us up to 3 business days to process and respond to your email.

For Chef's Table Requests: Our shipboard staff will contact you directly to advise if your request can be accommodated.

Regards,

Event Planning

Carnival Cruise Lines

EventPlanning@carnival.com

Once onboard you will be told if you got a place, and the time and place to meet. We have done the Chef's Table twice on the Pride. It's great fun.

Edited by seadrifter

Did you mean the Chef's Table. If so, yes - you can put in your names for a place at the Chef's Table prior to sailing. We have done this by emailing Event Planning. Received the following response.

Thank you for your email.

For Event Planning Request: Please allow us up to 3 business days to process and respond to your email.

For Chef's Table Requests: Our shipboard staff will contact you directly to advise if your request can be accommodated.

Regards,

Event Planning

Carnival Cruise Lines

EventPlanning@carnival.com

Once onboard you will be told if you got a place, and the time and place to meet. We have done the Chef's Table twice on the Pride. It's great fun.

Yes, I did mean the Chefs Table. Thank you for your time and information.

Josh (Big Sexy) also has a social media page (not sure if I am allowed to mention name here) if you have an account you can join up with him. He has a very nice photo of his crew on there from when he got back on board the Pride.

I had Big Sexy on the Glory, very good CD if you ask me...

I miss him by two weeks as he leaves the pride early September.

Yes on his social media page, the one created by a college student.

Yes, I did mean the Chefs Table. Thank you for your time and information.

SeaDrifter,

Sent email per your suggestion. Already got response, same as yours. Crossing my fingers we are not too late.:)

Edited by lazycruzer