All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

Yep Sept 27th, guess I was typing faster than I was thinking! Thanks for the info.

There would be a bit of difference if you were sailing in February vs. September! :eek: Didn't want to give you the wrong info! Have a great cruise. Pride is a FANTASTIC ship.

There would be a bit of difference if you were sailing in February vs. September! :eek: Didn't want to give you the wrong info! Have a great cruise. Pride is a FANTASTIC ship.

We are looking forward to it, it was a spur of the moment booking, now its finding out how best to get there and if we take the Kids to the National Aquarium on Saturday Etc...

• 3 months later...

Looking forward to the new menus on our cruise - it will just be the 2nd week, so I hope things go smoothly !!:)

Has anyone had experience of the implementation of new menus on their cruise?

I would guess it might take awhile for the crew and kitchen help to get used to them ??

Well we will find out for ourselves in 15 days ;)

Looking forward to the new menus on our cruise - it will just be the 2nd week, so I hope things go smoothly !!:)

I would guess it might take awhile for the crew and kitchen help to get used to them ??

When does the new menu start???

I understand they have pushed the launch of the new menus back to November 15th with the possibility that they may push it back again until after the holidays. It's too bad. I was looking forward to trying the American Table on our October cruise.

I understand they have pushed the launch of the new menus back to November 15th with the possibility that they may push it back again until after the holidays. It's too bad. I was looking forward to trying the American Table on our October cruise.

I thought I read earlier that it was starting 9/20. I'm also on an Oct cruise. Was originally on Nov 15 and moved it up.

What's different about the new menu? Just new/modern? I'm hoping the old menu quality is just as good and the reason they are changing it is because they want to change it up.

I thought I read earlier that it was starting 9/20. I'm also on an Oct cruise. Was originally on Nov 15 and moved it up.

What's different about the new menu? Just new/modern? I'm hoping the old menu quality is just as good and the reason they are changing it is because they want to change it up.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the old menus. I understand the new menu has some interesting things like port of call items. (Dishes inspired by that day's port of call.) I don't think you'll be disappointed with the old menus, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you mean SEPTEMBER 27th? It can still be pretty warm here in September. The Pride also has the retractable dome over the pool. Only problem is it can't be opened or closed while the ship is moving. They had it closed when we boarded on May 10th, but I am assuming that is because of the storm/hurricane that was brewing up the coast at that time.

I have been on the pride several times and the doom can be closed anytime they choose.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been on the pride several times and the doom can be closed anytime they choose.

:confused: Oh, sorry....I know there's a ship I sailed on that the dome couldn't close if it was moving...maybe I am thinking the Liberty? :confused: IDK, but sorry if I gave the wrong information. :o:o

:confused: Oh, sorry....I know there's a ship I sailed on that the dome couldn't close if it was moving...maybe I am thinking the Liberty? :confused: IDK, but sorry if I gave the wrong information. :o:o

We were told the dome couldn't be closed while moving too.

Maybe they just didn't want to be bothered???

You are correct. They can not close the dome when the ship is moving. So if it's open during a cruise and the weather is bad, they have to wait until docked somewhere and the other way around too. This has not only been confirmed many times on these boards, but also by staff when sailing so I'm confused as well. :confused:

We were told the dome couldn't be closed while moving too.

Maybe they just didn't want to be bothered???

You are correct. They can not close the dome when the ship is moving. So if it's open during a cruise and the weather is bad, they have to wait until docked somewhere and the other way around too. This has not only been confirmed many times on these boards, but also by staff when sailing so I'm confused as well. :confused:

Thanks Kim and WetToes....I thought I knew that!!! :o:eek: WetToes, see you on the Pride in March!

• 1 year later...
It's been a while since I've visited this page. Heck, it's been a while since I've visited the Pride! Almost a year...any new changes lately?

At Baltimore they replace the gangway and added a VIFP "lounge" for Diamond, Platinum and I think FTTF.

We have been on the Pride 6 times, the last time April 2017 other than the 2.0 upgrades it is about the same. There are always minor changes depending the the CD, maitre d'. The staff is always great. They don't use the freestanding S&S card readers anymore they are using handheld tablets to scan S&S cards. With the new scanners they now scan your S&S cards for muster drill to ensure all attend. .

At Baltimore they replace the gangway and added a VIFP "lounge" for Diamond, Platinum and I think FTTF.

We have been on the Pride 6 times, the last time April 2017 other than the 2.0 upgrades it is about the same. There are always minor changes depending the the CD, maitre d'. The staff is always great. They don't use the freestanding S&S card readers anymore they are using handheld tablets to scan S&S cards. With the new scanners they now scan your S&S cards for muster drill to ensure all attend. .

Who was the CD in April?

Do they scan everyone's S&S for Muster?....I can imagine that being a mess while everyone stands in a line trying to find their cards. :rolleyes:

Who was the CD in April?

Do they scan everyone's S&S for Muster?....I can imagine that being a mess while everyone stands in a line trying to find their cards. :rolleyes:

Yes They do. You are told to have your cards out.

The only mess, I find, are the stragglers. They make muster take soooo much longer than it has to.