Crj 900

nancy anne

More specifically, http://www.airliners.net/photo/NWA-Airlink-(Mesaba/Canadair-CL-600-2D24-Regional/1650620/M/ - which is the plane used by Delta (formerly NWA). Note Delta also shows an MD-80 (full sized mainline jet) on one flight per day, but we don't know your days.

The CRJ 900s are used by a lot of airlines and are reasonably comfortable by regional jet standards, especially in first class. Decent seat width and legroom in first; no in-flight entertainment though.

We're flying first class MSP to JFK and back on a Delta Connections CRJ 900. They look like awfully small puddle jumpers. It's making me nervous. Anyone have experience with this plane and how is it?

Thanks

They are small. It's a relatively short flight. Was there a reason you didn't choose the flight on the A320 (I note there are daily flights on this aircraft for your routing) if you are concerned about the smaller aircraft?

They are small. It's a relatively short flight. Was there a reason you didn't choose the flight on the A320 (I note there are daily flights on this aircraft for your routing) if you are concerned about the smaller aircraft?

We had orginally booked MSP/DTW/FCO, but Delta changed our flights to having 2 connections of which we would miss both. This new routing, MSP/JFK/FCO is the best Delta could give us that had safe connection times.

We're flying first class MSP to JFK and back on a Delta Connections CRJ 900. They look like awfully small puddle jumpers. It's making me nervous. Anyone have experience with this plane and how is it?

Thanks

It's not an awfully small puddle jumper, seating 76 people. at 80-84,000lb takeoff weight, it's very similar in size to the original DC9s. (90,000lb)

I have flown on most models of the CRJ many times. They are ideally suited for short hauls and just as comfortable as the larger jets insofar as seat pitch and width are concerned, more comfortable than anything produced by Airbus in my experience. As previous poster noted, the -900 is hardly small - similar in size to the original DC-9.

About their only shortcoming is lack of carry-on space and you will normally be required to gate or ramp check a larger bag. It will be handed back to you when you deplane at destination.

Bob

Archived