Voyager Review 2/19 - 2/26

LouChamp

EMBARKATION

Arrived approx 11:30. Was on ship by Noon. Smooth no problems.

STATEROOM

Grand Suite on 10 Deck. No noise from above, below or sides. Some passengers complianed of noise if their cabins were between elevators with a lot of pax passing by. Great space, drawers, hanging space, etc. Cabin steward was excellent. Towel animals, soap, shamppo, etc. Balcony door slides and thus we were able to keep it open at night and listen to the sounds of the ocean. Fabulous. Concierge was very good. Obtained tix for ice show and for Portofinos. We have had suites as well as regualr rooms on all the major lines. I thought Concierge service on Holland America was better but if you don't have a suite on Royal Caribbean, not to worry as I would not hesitate to book any category on this ship. (BTW, we have had them all as far as suites, balcony vs no balcony, outside vs inside)

DINING

Excellent. The new menus are out and we found them refreshing. We get bored after having the same food on different ships. Windjammer/Island Grill no problem. No lines and no problems finding tables except for the morning we went to St. Thomas and needed to go through immigration early. Even that was not a problem. Portofinos was fine. We are from NYC so Italian food (and I am Italian) is readily available. Therefore the food was fine and worth the change of pace but no better nor worse than land-based. Regualr restaurant was excellent. Tried Johnny Rockets for fun and it was ok. We have one not too far from our home.

SHOWS

Ice Show is a must see. Comedians were great.. Headliner was so so. Quest was fun. Crusie Director was good.

WEATHER

Windy a few days but sunny and smooth all the way. I personally enjoy a little rocking but the Mrs does not so it was fine.

LABADEE

Excellent. Not a cloud in the sky. Tried the waverunner!!! Plenty of shaded areas and plenty of sunny lounges available. Bazzar was fun. Used to the bargaining so it did not bother us and was enjoyable but a few newbies seemed to be intimidated by the marketplace.

DUOWAR

A quick note to our newfound friend. Was great to meet you. Only about 14 signed up for the meet and mingle so we did not have a meeting but met duowar on a floating mat in Labadee! The website is http://www.insuremytrip.com

and is worth a look. Again it was great to meet you!

DISEMBARKATION

Smooth and no problem. Had time for breakfast in the dining room, had a 2:30 flight so we left around 10am and went to the airport. No need to rush off fellow cc's. Take a midafternoon flight if you can and get the most for your money.

FELLOW PASSENGERS

This was a Pres week cruise and had about 750 -1000 children but in general, fellow passengers and children were fine. A few kids pressed all the elevator buttons one day but other than that, no big deal. No major problems with chair hogs.

That's it for now. I am going to check in for a few days to see if you have any questions and will be more than happy to answer them.

All the best and smooth sailing!!!

Did you happen to notice if the American Airlines baggage check-in was open in the Miami Port? There have been conflicting reports about whether we'll be able to check-in our luggage at the Port. On my last cruise on Radiance, I recall that we had to be out of our cabins at 7AM or so and that nothing was open on the ship except breakfast. Hanging around on that ship was no fun. Was there something more to do on Voyager to pass the time? I'm leaving on Voyager March 12. Thanks!

Thanks so much for the review. It sounds like a nice cruise! We are sailing on April 23 in a GS on deck 10. Thanks for the details about the concierge service and cabin accomodations. I am wondering, did you have the use of bathrobes during your cruise? Also, did you get on the ship so quickly because of priority boarding? Or were there no lines at 11:30? Did you travel with children? I am wondering how well the children's programs ran with such a large group of kids. April 23 is Spring Break for us in NYC and for others too I imagine, so I expect there will be a lot of kids onboard that week too. Thanks for qualifying the experience at Portofino. I appreciate your perspective.;) Thanks for the follow up!

LouChamp, thank you for your review. We are on the identical sailing this Sat.:) and it's good to know all seems well with the ship and crew. We also won't have enough people for a M&M so we have arranged our own private M&M. One question- I know the Windjammer is open embarkation day, is Island Grill open as well? Thank you.

Bob,

If you see Basil, Howard, or Joseph, the best bar waiters in the fleet, please tell then that Jim from Syracuse said hi. They took VERY good care of us during our cruise last week. You'll know Joseph- he'll be saying "Sippin time....so nice!" :D

Jim in Syracuse, we are on Voyager on Sat. If your signature is correct you were on Navigator. I have taken the names down just in case. Boy, bartenders are popular:D , from other posters I am saying Hi to a few of them, Dexter, Calvin, Al, Alberto and so on.

Hi Lou---Thanks for the review....I am new to RCCL...we just received our cruise docs this weekend and in there it says that boarding is from 2-5....is that because we are new or do you think we could arrive early at the Pier as you did and board by noon? Do all cruise docs automatically say 2-5 for the Voyager? Thanks!

EMBARKATION

Arrived approx 11:30. Was on ship by Noon. Smooth no problems.

STATEROOM

Grand Suite on 10 Deck. No noise from above, below or sides. Some passengers complianed of noise if their cabins were between elevators with a lot of pax passing by. Great space, drawers, hanging space, etc. Cabin steward was excellent. Towel animals, soap, shamppo, etc. Balcony door slides and thus we were able to keep it open at night and listen to the sounds of the ocean. Fabulous. Concierge was very good. Obtained tix for ice show and for Portofinos. We have had suites as well as regualr rooms on all the major lines. I thought Concierge service on Holland America was better but if you don't have a suite on Royal Caribbean, not to worry as I would not hesitate to book any category on this ship. (BTW, we have had them all as far as suites, balcony vs no balcony, outside vs inside)

DINING

Excellent. The new menus are out and we found them refreshing. We get bored after having the same food on different ships. Windjammer/Island Grill no problem. No lines and no problems finding tables except for the morning we went to St. Thomas and needed to go through immigration early. Even that was not a problem. Portofinos was fine. We are from NYC so Italian food (and I am Italian) is readily available. Therefore the food was fine and worth the change of pace but no better nor worse than land-based. Regualr restaurant was excellent. Tried Johnny Rockets for fun and it was ok. We have one not too far from our home.

SHOWS

Ice Show is a must see. Comedians were great.. Headliner was so so. Quest was fun. Crusie Director was good.

WEATHER

Windy a few days but sunny and smooth all the way. I personally enjoy a little rocking but the Mrs does not so it was fine.

LABADEE

Excellent. Not a cloud in the sky. Tried the waverunner!!! Plenty of shaded areas and plenty of sunny lounges available. Bazzar was fun. Used to the bargaining so it did not bother us and was enjoyable but a few newbies seemed to be intimidated by the marketplace.

DUOWAR

A quick note to our newfound friend. Was great to meet you. Only about 14 signed up for the meet and mingle so we did not have a meeting but met duowar on a floating mat in Labadee! The website is www.insuremytrip.com

and is worth a look. Again it was great to meet you!

DISEMBARKATION

Smooth and no problem. Had time for breakfast in the dining room, had a 2:30 flight so we left around 10am and went to the airport. No need to rush off fellow cc's. Take a midafternoon flight if you can and get the most for your money.

FELLOW PASSENGERS

This was a Pres week cruise and had about 750 -1000 children but in general, fellow passengers and children were fine. A few kids pressed all the elevator buttons one day but other than that, no big deal. No major problems with chair hogs.

That's it for now. I am going to check in for a few days to see if you have any questions and will be more than happy to answer them.

All the best and smooth sailing!!!

Sorry we didn't get to meet you either...we waited by the rock wall....:rolleyes:

thanks for the review...i will be on the vos on march 19th and very much looking foward to it...all 4 people in my family are sick with colds...blowing...hacking...snezzing...ready for some warm sunny weather to bake our brains out...18 more days til our pre-nite at the holiday inn at bayside...

BobBeeSea,

We ate at Portofinos on Tuesday on the Eastearn as it is Caribbean nite.

Wed was Formal and Thursday was Lobster. Otherwise the second weakest IMHO was Friday.

All the best

Archived