Gallipoli 100 year anniversary cruise in 2015

I received my brochure & dvd in the mail yesterday. I also got an email saying that all inside cabins are booked out. At this stage, the cheapest cabin available is $19,915:eek:

They reckon thats how bookings always generally go.

The cheapest and the most expensive seem to always sell out first.....

then they have to work really hard to fill the middle of the road and medium priced cabins.

I remember reading an article about the QE2, and thats what happened with her most of the time.

I received my brochure & dvd in the mail yesterday. I also got an email saying that all inside cabins are booked out.

Woah, that was fast. They must have done some targeted marketing to get those sales so quickly.

I thought it would include Dawn service obviously not I would look into one doing the dawn service as well,

On topic any one going to any dawn services this year?

We hope to in brisbane.

Love Thied

There are difficulties in taking passengers to the Dawn Service at Anzac Cove. One way would be to dock in Istanbul then take them by bus the 250km to Anzac Cove. Obviously this would be a very very early start. An alternative would be to take passengers ashore by tender closer to Anzac Cove and have buses waiting to take them to the service, but this would still be a difficult operation.

If I remember correctly, when we were there we stayed the previous night at Canakkale (on the other side of the Dardenelles) and went over in a small boat. However, I don't think there would be enough accommodation available for a cruiseship full of passengers when tour companies would have permanent bookings.

• 4 months later...
I dare say as 2015 draws closer, there will be many more of these cruises offered to Australians and New Zealanders. Might be best not to jump in too early.;)

The MSC sinfonia WAS the ship due to charter this cruise, it was very quickly booked out, now the company has booked either the musica, poesia or orchestra (all have identical deck plans). This ship is also on wait list. Only a small number of ships can enter ANZAC Cove and this number has already been met, so no bandwagon to jump onto now.

''Billy and charlies mum'' As for having money tied up until 2015, well thats what travel insurance is for.

For myself and my wife, there is NO bigger day in the year than ANZAC day. LEST WE FORGET.

• 8 months later...

The cruise is being promoted again now. And I believe a landing is going to occur for ships passengers for the dawn service. And the ship is the Peosia. I am sorely tempted. I think there may be more availability when the deposit is no longer refundable.

I heard about this sailing at least a year ago. Heard also that the ship was going to be replaced by a larger vessel as bookings had been so heavy. As to landing on the day, I think if you look closely at the itinerary posted earlier, you have a couple of days there prior before returning for the anniversary where you will be on board for the service. As a single passenger, much too expensive for this old gal...........

I heard about this sailing at least a year ago. Heard also that the ship was going to be replaced by a larger vessel as bookings had been so heavy. As to landing on the day, I think if you look closely at the itinerary posted earlier, you have a couple of days there prior before returning for the anniversary where you will be on board for the service. As a single passenger, much too expensive for this old gal...........

Same here. This isn't something my partner would want to do. He likes exploring places, not the process of getting to them. He doesn't 'get cruises. :p

The cruise is being promoted again now. And I believe a landing is going to occur for ships passengers for the dawn service. And the ship is the Peosia. I am sorely tempted. I think there may be more availability when the deposit is no longer refundable.

It would be a wonderful experience. It amazes me that so many young people are so interested in the story of the ANZACs, and willing to give up their time to march on the day.

• 3 months later...

As Pushka already stated, the ship we will be going on is the MSC Poesia. There are only a few cabins left on deck 13. Travel insurance has been organised for the people 'wondering' about losing their money after October 2012.

As for expecting to be ashore for the dawn service ON ANZAC day, that is going to be a near impossibilty with the 10,300 who want to be there having to go into a govt ballot...good luck....

Part of the cruise gives all passengers 2 full days of excursions leading up to ANZAC day to explore the Cove and all of her history.

Who cares about the price, its a one in a lifetime event and one that i cant wait for.

973 days and counting:)

I met an Aussie family on the Diamond Princess in April / May this year who said he had booked the Anzac cruise on the MSC line which was a special charter. He expects it all to be 5 star...and I think he expects to be on land.

However since arriving home a few weeks ago, when I was discussing it with someone in the travel agency business told me that there are restrictions as to the number of people allowed into Anzac Cove and she doubted there was room for thousands of cruise ship passengers ... I got the feeling that people who want to go to the Dawn Service at Anzac Cove had to apply for tickets or a pass ??? I can't recall exactly.

As for expecting and receiving 5 star service on board MSC, based on my experience in 2006, good luck with that !! Never again !!

Archived