Is there such a thing?

1stTimer02/2011

Is there such a thing as the "Bon Voyage" shop that you can preorder alcohol to consume in your room? even if its at an extremely inflated $$ rate? ... outside of wine...

This is our first cruise.. and have read on other cruises that you can purchase bottles on the ship itself, that you can consume.. not have to wait until the last day to pick up...

Is this available on the NCL Spirit??

Anything (liquor) you buy on the boat, you'll get on your last night. The bar setup is simply one or more liter bottles of liquor that you order in advance from NCL. No special glasses, mixers, fruit, etc are included.

You order it typically via email from the group events coordinator for your ship. They don't publish a list, but the list is somewhat limited and the prices may seem very high to you. (ie Mid range Vodka at $60) You simply ask for what you want and if that is available, they will tell you the price and you go from there.

Using the Pearl as an example, I think that the the email is groupeventPearl@ncl.com (substitute your ship's name for the 'Pearl' in that address). There is a list floating around here somewhere, if I find it I'll post it if someone else doesn't. Me thinks you need to order at least a week out not sure though.

Is there such a thing as the "Bon Voyage" shop that you can preorder alcohol to consume in your room? even if its at an extremely inflated $$ rate? ... outside of wine...

This is our first cruise.. and have read on other cruises that you can purchase bottles on the ship itself, that you can consume.. not have to wait until the last day to pick up...

Is this available on the NCL Spirit??

Send an email to GroupEventSpirit@ncl.com and tell what you're interested in and how much will it cost. After they reply, phone that coordinator and charge it to your credit card when you have the information on cost and have that coordinator's name and ext number from the email reply they send.

Your card will be charged right away and the bottle will be waiting for you in your cabin. But take your email receipt with you just in case it's not waiting. Ours wasn't but the Front Desk took care of having someone get it to our cabin when we showed our receipt.

We had a liter bottle of Southern Comfort and it cost $83. That will give you an idea of inflated cost, but cheaper than that many individual drinks. You might be able to order a bottle of liquor at a bar, but it will be even more expensive since they sell it by how many drinks they could sell from it.

Just made contact with GroupEventSpirit@ncl.com, and have ordered a 1 Litre bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum for our cabin... a whopping $63.00!!!

But, when we'd pay $40 here in Toronto for it.. then "try" to figure out how to get it on board... lol.. its not worth the aggrevation... $23.00 extra is fine by me, to make sure we have access to our own drinky-poo's!

Just made contact with GroupEventSpirit@ncl.com, and have ordered a 1 Litre bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum for our cabin... a whopping $63.00!!!

But, when we'd pay $40 here in Toronto for it.. then "try" to figure out how to get it on board... lol.. its not worth the aggrevation... $23.00 extra is fine by me, to make sure we have access to our own drinky-poo's!

Plus, my simple math (definitely not a math guy) tells me while it's pricey for a bottle, its still cheaper than buying all individual drinks on a cruise ship--especially if you're going to have a "few"...a day. We plan to do the same with a bottle of vodka for our cruise on the Pearl.

take care and thanks for sharing!

Plus, my simple math (definitely not a math guy) tells me while it's pricey for a bottle, its still cheaper than buying all individual drinks on a cruise ship--especially if you're going to have a "few"...a day. We plan to do the same with a bottle of vodka for our cruise on the Pearl.

take care and thanks for sharing!

Good, I'm not the only one that is trying to weigh it out... lol

Have a great time! *CHEERS*

:D

Archived