Parrot Tree Plantation

c-leg5

Has anyone visited Parrot Tree Plantation recently? Has anyone eaten lunch, or visited the coffee shop? We are looking for somewhere quieter for our upcoming visit to Roatan. Last time we went to Fins and Flippers which we really enjoyed but that was before it was a cruiseline excursion with inflated prices. Also could anyone give me any idea how long it would take to travel from Parrot Tree to Infinity resort if we were to spend the morning at one and then move on? I have never actually toured around the island and am thinking that may be the way to go this time. Are sand fleas still a problem on Roatan and do they occur at anytime or are they seasonal? Thanks.

We just came home from 3 weeks on the island and spent a few afternoons at Parrot Tree. It's a beautiful, quiet location and we had lunch there several times and enjoyed everything we ordered. If you're just looking for a nice place to sit and soak up some sun, it's great. I believe the coffee shop is closed and is becoming a steak house, but I didn't actually see it to confirm.

Infinity Bay Resort on West Bay Beach is probably a good 45 minute drive. At West Bay Beach you'll see more people and there is snorkeling directly out front. The food at Infinity Bay was also great.

I am still scratching my bug bites, but it seemed like some days they were nibbling and some days they weren't. Just spray yourselves to be on the safe side.

Enjoy the beautiful island!

We just came home from 3 weeks on the island and spent a few afternoons at Parrot Tree. It's a beautiful, quiet location and we had lunch there several times and enjoyed everything we ordered. If you're just looking for a nice place to sit and soak up some sun, it's great. I believe the coffee shop is closed and is becoming a steak house, but I didn't actually see it to confirm.

Infinity Bay Resort on West Bay Beach is probably a good 45 minute drive. At West Bay Beach you'll see more people and there is snorkeling directly out front. The food at Infinity Bay was also great.

I am still scratching my bug bites, but it seemed like some days they were nibbling and some days they weren't. Just spray yourselves to be on the safe side.

Enjoy the beautiful island!

Thank you very much - your reply was very helpful

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking for a quiet time anyone know if you get hassled by timeshare sales at Parrot Tree or Infinity?

Also any more reviews of Parrot Tree?

Neither Parrot Tree or IBBR (Infinity Bay Beach Resort) are timeshares - thus, no worries about being hassled.

Do you have specific questions about Parrot Tree? We had breakfast there 2 weeks ago, go there frequently with friends or just to "chill" for the day...

I am thinking of spending a few hours at Parrot Tree if the weather is good. I am looking for somewhere quiet to take my elderly mother where we could have lunch and a drink and I could swim in the pool. Do you need to pay for a day pass or can you use the facilities if you eat and drink? I need somewhere to be able to sit or lounge with some shade.

If the weather is not good we will probably add a ride round and perhaps visit IBBR.

Thanks.

A group of us went there last week for diner at the Palapa Restaurant and we all found the food to be very good. Last week the weather was so so and there were a few people around the lagoon. Its a quite place located about 25 minutes from Mahogany Bay and about 35 minutes from Coxen Hole. They have a sales rep there at the bar if you are interested in seeing or learning more about the property but there is no sale pressure and no one will bug you if you don't want to be bothered.

I had emailed Parrot Tree and was told that it was $10 a person to use their facility. I was wondering for those of you that have been there if it is possible to snorkel on the other side of the lagoon? Also curious how their drink prices were. We went to the Mayan Princess last year and were planning on Parrot Tree this year...hope I'm not making a mistake :)

We just got back from a day at Parrot Tree. There were only two other families there in the lagoon. Very relaxing day. We went with Roatan Culture Tours and paid $20 each for our entire day of sightseeing. We ordered from the bar - the food was reasonable and good. My son was bit by something in the lagoon that stung him- not sure what it was - but the other 15 of us were not stung. There were some people snorkeling outside the lagoon- not sure how good it was.

IMG_1559.jpg.a37dcd874c2a5dda82c3dfdce4c29a19.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg.aba3a4bfa4719c8bc6b11aad938978a5.jpg

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know about how much taxi fare is to and from Parrot Tree? I've heard taxi's are such a hassle there... Last time we took a tour through Victor Bodden, but this time we just want to laze around on a gorgeous beach and Parrot Tree looks just beautiful!

Also, there is a place to grab a simple lunch, right?

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have any idea of the drink and food prices at the Palapa grill at Parrot Tree? We are thinking about doing the Zip N Dip with Pirates and they go to the Parrot Tree for the beach portion.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I am also considering Pirates Zip & Dip. Can anyone reply about the snorkeling at Parrott Tree? From what I'm reading the best place to snorkel is WBB - Tabyana Beach. I was thinking of getting a private driver to bring us from the zip line to the beach.

:confused:

Thanks!

• 3 years later...
I am also considering Pirates Zip & Dip. Can anyone reply about the snorkeling at Parrott Tree? From what I'm reading the best place to snorkel is WBB - Tabyana Beach. I was thinking of getting a private driver to bring us from the zip line to the beach.

:confused:

Thanks!

I am also looking at the Zip n Dip for Pirates. Did you end up booking this? I would love some info on the snorkeling at Parrot Tree. Cost and accessibility? Was it good? Thanks!!!

I am also looking at the Zip n Dip for Pirates. Did you end up booking this? I would love some info on the snorkeling at Parrot Tree. Cost and accessibility? Was it good? Thanks!!!

This thread is from 4 year ago (2011) so you might not get the answers you are looking for from "these" people. :D