NCL flights.....

bridmo

Hi all

Can anyone tell me when we'll find out which flights we're booked onto for our Barcelona to Miami cruise in October. We booked a fly/cruise and can't find out what times and if we have a direct flight from Manchester. Just wanting to pre book hotel/parking at Manchester but until we know the flights/times we can't go any further.

Many thanks in advance for any help :eek:

Hi all

Can anyone tell me when we'll find out which flights we're booked onto for our Barcelona to Miami cruise in October. We booked a fly/cruise and can't find out what times and if we have a direct flight from Manchester. Just wanting to pre book hotel/parking at Manchester but until we know the flights/times we can't go any further.

If your cruise is in October, you will not know for several more months. Also, be prepared that you might not have a direct flight unless you booked the premium air from NCL. We did NCL air one time when we were new to cruising. I'd never do it again as we were routed thru several cities when a direct flight that I could have booked myself was only $50 more. Often, you can do better booking your own air.

Often, you can do better booking your own air.
This really should say more often then not. I have never had the cruise line offer me airfare that was even remotely close to what I could book myself.

We are also on the October Barcelona-Miami TA. NCL quoted me airfare of around $1200 each for one-way from SFO to BCN and then from MIA to SFO. I booked the flights myself for around $750 pp. Plus, I had control over what airline and departure times... a big plus since both airlines we are flying on do not charge for up to two bags per passenger. That probably would have been another $100 on top of the NCL airfares.

Thanks for all the replies, we've never cruised with NCL before and only our 3rd cruise so we're a bit nieve. Maybe stick to P&O sailing from Southampton, had no issues with them.

Many thanks again :)

Hi all

The soonest you'd probably know is when you get your edocs, about 60 days before the cruise. However, sometimes it's 14-30 days before the cruise when you get them and know your flight arrangements.

Ordinarily I don't like booking through cruiselines either, but last cruises NCL's airfare from TX to England, returning to TX from FL, including port transfers, was almost $100 per person cheaper than anything I could find on discount sites. So we booked with NCL.

We were with NMLady but different flights as she was happily already on board by the time we left for Dover. We found out our flights about 3 weeks before the cruise date, and then I went and chose our seats for all the flights via the airline websites.

You never know what you're going to get in the way of routing. I live very close to an international airport so I was happy that we flew to and from our home base.

Thank again

We have a 3 hour drive to the airport and I'm presuming we'll have an early flight especially if we're having a few stops:confused: I think we'll just go ahead and book the airport hotel with parking and hope we don't need to fly the night before. We booked through iglucruises.co.uk its the first time we've ever booked on line but the price was exceptional so we can't complain but I don't think I'll book like this again.

Happy cruising :)

Have cruised 3 times now and always with pre-booked inclusive flights - no re-routing and no problems at all. Could not get cheaper and we have flown from Newcastle and Manchester. Just checked and flights for us on 8th April 2011 would be around £900 total - that is very expensive. it is cheaper in the US to shop around for a good deal but here in UK only cheap if you can book on spec not in advance.

Hi all

Hi, Flights from Manchester to Barcelona are not direct for Epic. Mine is routed via Amsterdam.

I've consulted them on alternatives, there are direct sunday flights from London and also Luton but you risk any delays missing the ship and no transfers so would end up travelling the day before..

The guy who has helped me out is Musswar Ali | Air Operation Co-Ordinator whose email is lonflights 'at' ncl 'dot' com replace with @ and .

For ref mine in May is:

NCL have assured me the flights they had access to and have confirmed for you are as below :

29th May flight KLM1072 depart 0600/ Amsterdam 0825/ connecting on KLM1671 1005 / arrive Barcelona 1215

5th June on flight KLM1666 depart 1105/ arrive 1355 into Amsterdam / connecting KLM1087 1435 / arrive Manchester 1505

I called my NCL CC and she told me that after final payment is made and posted, then I could get our flight information. If you booked thru TA you can contact him/her and get the information, if you booked thru NCL, you can call them. But was told only after final payment has been made.

gg

Archived