wine in Fort Lauderdale

redtr6

Thanks satchiesmom

Is that en-route from the airport?

Having never gone directly from the airport to port (we always fly in the day before sailing and stay somewhere on 17th near the port) and being directionally challenged:o, I'm not sure, but The Harbor Shops are very close to the port entrance.

Thanks satchiesmom

Is that en-route from the airport?

Total wine isn't directly on the most direct route from FLL to the the port but it isn't much of a detour. It will be about two miles further than the most direct route.

There is more good news - it is literally around the corner from the other entrance to Port Everglades and to cap things off if you're looking for a great place to have lunch you'll drive right by Ernie's in route to the wine shop. Ernie's has THE best conch chowder anywhere. It's on the west side of Route 1 and about 3/4 of the way between SR84 and AIA (17th St.) where you would turn right anyway.

SO, enjoy that vintage wine and you're cruise. I hope this info proves helpful.

:):D:)

Go to their web site. We ordered a case of wine, case of water and a case of soda. Called from our taxi and told them we were on our way. The cab waited while I ran in. Our order was waiting for us in a shopping carriage- we were off. Doesn't get much easier.

What about a place for wine closer to hotels on Ft lauderdale beach near Las Olas?

we are staying in that area for the first time so not familiar with the stores...& we are getting a group shuttle to port so no stops on the way..

What about a place for wine closer to hotels on Ft lauderdale beach near Las Olas?

we are staying in that area for the first time so not familiar with the stores...& we are getting a group shuttle to port so no stops on the way..

There is a CVS in BeachPlace that has a modest selection. There is a small liquor store a block east of the intracoastal on the north side of Las Olas Blvd.

Go to their web site. We ordered a case of wine, case of water and a case of soda. Called from our taxi and told them we were on our way. The cab waited while I ran in. Our order was waiting for us in a shopping carriage- we were off. Doesn't get much easier.

can you take full cases on the ship i thought it was 2blt per person

Check with your cruise line but on our last cruise on HAL we brought a case of wine on board with no problems. Hint: having a travel hand cart makes it easy. We saw people carrying cases on board and it is awkward pushing cases of wine.

The rule on Celebrity for wine is 2 bottles per cabin (not per person) and then only at the initial embarkation. This is posted several places on the celebrity site under alcohol policy as well as in your cruise documents.

Archived