Best "Swim with the Dolphins" Excursion, FOS West Caribbean

NMG318

We did the dophin swim at Cozumel. It was fantastic. Everyone (6 adults) agreed it was the highlight of the trip. We were in the water for probably 3 hours with America (our dolphin). At the end we got into the water with manatees - what awesome animals they are. After that part of the excursioin we were free to roam the park. There is a pool and a small beach. We hit the bar next to the beach and watched a terrific storm come in. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Did it in Chakanaab park, Cozumel. They have different programs, but it was a great experience and they most affordable we found compared to others.

Also, if you go to their website, you can find coupons for $2.00 off.

Did it in Chakanaab park, Cozumel. They have different programs, but it was a great experience and they most affordable we found compared to others.

We also did this, but did not go through Royal.

We took Taxi, went there and paid less than the Excursion.

:rolleyes:

Same here. We booked the dolphin online (the slots fill up pretty fast) and America was "our" dolphin too! She was sweet but I thought she was getting kind of tired near the end and rightfully so, they really have a lot of interaction with a lot of people.

I will be swimming at Chakanaab park, Cozumel on Feb 3rd. Also if you book ahead you (directly with chakanaab) you can save even more. I think I booked 60 days in advance and received 20% off.

Ditto what everyone said. Chakanaab Park. Royal Swim. Don't book through the ship. And it is SO worth every penny! ! !

Enjoy.

Erika

How much was the taxi from the ship? They have 1100, 1200, 1:00, 2:00 and 3:30 swims. Our ship gets in at 1000. Which one do you recommend? I guess if we book on our own, we run the risk of losing our money since they don't refund (just credit) if you don't cancel 4 days in advance (where you lose 10%).

We also went to Chankanaab Park in Cozumel, and it was a great experience!!!. The park is beautiful and we learned a lot about the Mayans with our tour guide. We booked the 12:00, but forgot that there was a difference in time.

We also went to Chankanaab Park in Cozumel, and it was a great experience!!!. The park is beautiful and we learned a lot about the Mayans with our tour guide. We booked the 12:00, but forgot that there was a difference in time.

Did you book thru the ship or book on your own?

I am going to Cozemel in march and booked at Dolphinaris. Which is better? The website said there is a wet n wild at Dolphinaris, what do you do for the rest of the day?

We swam with the dolphins at Dolphinaris last February. We walked off the ship, walked to the tourism booth, and booked it right there. A taxi came to get us and brought us there. It was great! The good thing about Dolphinaris is that you are swimming in a pool with the dolphins. If you go to Chakanaab Park, you will be swimming in the ocean which is subject to rough currents etc. If the water is too rough, it will be cancelled or at the very least, difficult. I haven't been to Chakanaab but I'm sure it's beautiful. What do you mean by Wet n' Wild?

We did the Royal Dolphin swim thru Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel this past summer. It was great! The foot push was the best. :D

I agree...Royal Swim booked through Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel is the best!

• 2 weeks later...

We had 10 people in our group so we booked a private platform directly with Dolpin Discovery at Chankanaab National Park. It was fantastic and a highlight of our trip. We love animals and it was amazing to get to interact with these amazing creatures. We also got a brief visit with the manatees.

Archived