Why do people need ice in their staterooms?

Coralc

By the second day of our cruise our cabin steward would put our can of Coke Zero in the bucket with the ice- great Steward. If we wanted Ice for drinks we would tend to bring it from the windjammer.

If I ever had a balcony room-(always insides so far) you could put in on the balcony and pretend you are on the Titanic or you could admire your little icebergs as you set them free into the sea!:o

DW and I like to cool off when we return from an excursion in a warm climate by dipping a towel in the ice cold water in the bucket and placing the towel on our faces and neck. Quite refreshing.

We also place fruit from the WJ such as oranges and grapes in the ice bucket to make them nice and cold.

Plus the occasional bottle of wine to be chilled.

If you sail on Holland they are there, when you return from your time in port and are reboarding, with lovely cold towels and water.:)

Just in case anyone is worried about the ice buckets...Don't be... Most cruise lines have a rule that they must replace them twice a day, in the morning & evening and that they must replace it with a clean one. It's a constant rotation for them to put a new clean filled one in your room and take the old one to the dishwasher to be cleaned. I only know this because I told our steward we only needed ice once every other day and not to worry about doing it so much and he explained how it worked to me. It has something to do with keeping any sort of virus/bacteria/yuckies down to a bare minimum.

I'm not worried about the ice buckets but I think this was very good information, thank you Janabm81.

Thanks for the link FLACRUISER99, good reading!

Some people put ice in drinks to make the drinks colder. Ice is make of water but cold, and hard like rocks. Crazy huh? Anywho, if you but the ice in drinks it makes the drinks colder, thus cooling you down when you are in the hot tropics. They even have it when you aren't on a cruise. You should totally try it. They have ice available now in most major cities, plus it's easy to get in the wintertime.Hope this helped!

Some people put ice in drinks to make the drinks colder. Ice is make of water but cold, and hard like rocks. Crazy huh? Anywho, if you but the ice in drinks it makes the drinks colder, thus cooling you down when you are in the hot tropics. They even have it when you aren't on a cruise. You should totally try it. They have ice available now in most major cities, plus it's easy to get in the wintertime.Hope this helped!

We were thankful for this wonderful invention on our most recent cruise when the tap water would only come out warm or even hot! :rolleyes:

Now something I have wondered about is why they bother to put a bathroom in my cabin? I could totally use the extra space and there are perfectly good restrooms throughout the ship and free showers in the spa!

Actually... first cruise I ever went on did not have showers in the rooms. There was a community bathroom on each floor with showers much like a dorm would have.

i am from minnesota and we love ice up here...i basically look at from november to april and when i go on a cruise during the winter months having that ice bucket in the cabin reminds me of home...how much ICE can accumulate in the driveway before shoveling...it also helps to cool down a drink or two or three after sitting poolside for a couple of hours...

Archived